• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    If the robbers has a brain, they would target a store that sells high quality stringed instruments. I don't think there are any in E'ville that sell anything really expensive, but even an decent "student level" violin/viola will cost $1,000, one for a student planning on attending a conservatory or university to major in music will be at least $30,000 and of course for professionals you are talking even more (famous soloists all play on instruments over $1M). Cellos and Basses are even more.

Of course ghetto thugs wouldn't know that... nor are those easily pawned.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The article stated: Officials with the business still are trying to determine what type of gun to purchase. But, Linzy said, they already have read up on Indiana law, which stipulates no license or permit is needed to be armed in a person's place of business.

So, how are people to get proper training if one must have a permit to carry, handle or use a firearm at a Firing Range.

Just curious since another post stated Indiana Law prohibits such handling and use of firearms at Ranges.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Voted! 51% Yes it's a right that can't be taken!

Stupid poll writer but maybe it'll make a difference? :dunno:

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Crooks

If the robbers has a brain, they would target a store that sells high quality stringed instruments. I don't think there are any in E'ville that sell anything really expensive

Revance. Gosh, i guess our crooks aren't as discriminating as yours.
    But then you have to remember thecost of livng is probably lower for our crooks than yours.

And yes I do wear shoes most of the time. It keeps me from getting mud between my toes while I'm in my cabin.

Hickory:)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The article states that an Apollo liquors was also robbed just to the west of him also, for people in Indy, Apollo is the equivalent to the Community Liquors (500 Liquors 15 years ago) They only have one decent store and it is on the east side at Morgan and Burkhart don't know if it is near this store or not.

If it is in this location it is a decent area and I think this store has to have been targeted for one reason or another.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Thanks for the link, fellow Evansville dweller!

I must agree with some of the other posts that its best to let the employees determine their own armed/unarmed status, and not to just give weapons to all of them whether they know how to use them or not.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    good for him...too bad in this day and age the legal ramifications will probably leave him destitute....

Top Bottom