• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have the essentials required to make french toast, so I'm all set for tornadopocalypse.

Hold on there ATM, unless you have the capability to make French Toast for at least 9,990 people you are under prepared for the tornadopocalypse.

Shame on you for not being able to feed the masses.:cool:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Alabama Twisters...

AP120302143637-jpg_190943.jpg

AP120302143850-jpg_190948.jpg

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Ya'll stay safe. I left work early and have been hiding out in my grandparents basement.

I'm so not ready for this kind of drama. I've seen one to many tornado's pop out of nowhere....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you have ever been a real tornado.....I think you would understand. I have been in 3. I welcome all the warnings and info I can get.
    Been involved in three myself, one went right over my old house, took every tree I had, my chimney, some sheets of drywall I had on my back porch, and a few windows. One looked exactly, I mean EXACTLY like the one in the wizard of OZ. I don't take it lightly, but this TV stuff, other than radar shots, is just too much. I want a Radar Channel, wonder if one exists?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    After seeing the devastation in southern Indiana, as well as that in other states, suddenly the who premise of this thread looks pretty sorry.

littletommy, you list your location on the banks of the Ohio. Since the area hit wasn't far from the river, you still with us, or did you have enough time to limber up as you said, because there are many people who are no longer with us, and several towns destroyed.

Seems that it isn't funny now, is it?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Been involved in three myself, one went right over my old house, took every tree I had, my chimney, some sheets of drywall I had on my back porch, and a few windows. One looked exactly, I mean EXACTLY like the one in the wizard of OZ. I don't take it lightly, but this TV stuff, other than radar shots, is just too much. I want a Radar Channel, wonder if one exists?

littletommy if your TV has a digital tuner built in, get a external antenna and check the digital sub channels of your major networks.

WISH-TV (Channel 8) up here in Indy has two sub channels, 8.2 which is there 24 Weather channel and 8.3 which is their 24 radar image channel.

There's also Intellicast - Local and National Weather Forecast, Radar, Maps and Severe Report and go to the interactive map, it's usually no more than 2-3 minutes from being current and you can get a real good look at the storm track.

When the S starts hitting the fan up here storm wise, WISH's radar channel is up along with me looking at my Acu-Rite 5-1 Weather system, if I start seeing a rapid drop in pressure and wind speeds picking up, I know something big is about to happen in the area.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    After seeing the devastation in southern Indiana, as well as that in other states, suddenly the who premise of this thread looks pretty sorry.

littletommy, you list your location on the banks of the Ohio. Since the area hit wasn't far from the river, you still with us, or did you have enough time to limber up as you said, because there are many people who are no longer with us, and several towns destroyed.

Seems that it isn't funny now, is it?

I don't recall saying anything about the storms were funny. I have many friends and co workers who were not as lucky as I. I still stand by my original statement that the news media was trying to whip people into a panic. As I said earlier in thread, I have been involved in 3 tornados in my time, so I'm quite aware they are no laughing matter.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I knew we were in for it when I saw Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel, standing on the banks of the Ohio River in Jeffersonville, Indiana. My youngest daughter and new baby granddaughter came over to our house at 1:30 p.m. on Friday because they don't have a basement. I was very glad they came over and that weather folks made a good prediction about the severity of the storms. They followed them appropriately as they wreaked havoc throughout our area. We hunkered down in the basement as the worst passed to the north and south of us. Seeing the governor choked up while viewing the destruction, gives no weight to your claim that there was over-reporting of the weather. It was actually worse than the weather casters thought it would be. This was the worst disaster in southern Indiana in many decades.

Top Bottom