• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, I get it, bad storms today, possibly a tornado, but my god, I've been getting weather alert texts, texts from the schools, TV and radio has all kinds of warnings and watches and safety info. How did the human race make it this far without the media whipping up all this panic? Holy crap, these TV people act like characters on the Simpsons or something! Not making light of dangerous conditions but wow, this is just over the top.

I'm gonna go limber up now so I can bend over enough to kiss my sorry ass goodbye, the news says were doomed, see ya'll on the other side.:n00b:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Checking the weather radar at this time, there is good reason to stay alert. Too many pictures on the tube of areas that got pounded, and we have the perfect conditions to be just like them.

As anyone who prepares for anything will tell you, better to be safe than sorry.

Granted, lately the news media has been crying wolf quite a bit, but...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm going to go take a nap. Someone wake me if the roof is going to come in on me. It sure would suck to wake up dead.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I just found out YESTERDAY that i had a free pass into the underground concrete Igloo that my neighbor built in the 60s.

Underground, concrete, handbuilt igloo. :)

How sweet is that?

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Plain and simple, panic sales. The TV companies will blow everything out of perportion just to get ratings. They don't care if they are right, they just want to report something first to get the viewers.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I used to be annoyed... However, living about 1/3 of a mile from where most the people died in the middle of the night (with no warning) during the 2005 storm- my attitude has completely changed. I want to be aware, and do what I can to keep my family safe... hmm, seems like the same reason for carrying.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The wife and I have taken off our belts and strapped ourselves to the well head with them out in the barn with all of the pitchforks, scythes etc. We won't get a scratch on us!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    We just had a 10 min bout of hail, and then it stopped and down to a light drizzle. Probably just the gap between clouds... I have to be at work at 1600 til 0400. I'm sure I will get some panic accidents maybe even a good story to share... We will see what the night holds.

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    It's a fine line. You report everything, people tune out. You hold a marginal report, and it dumps hail / tornado on the wrong community, you have blood on your hands.

Me, I love storms, but hate high winds. I live in the woods, and hate cleaning up the big tall barky skinny things that tend to fall down afterwards.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    twister.jpg

Top Bottom