• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Funny...he doesn't look like a richard to me......more like a bob....:laugh:

What about the Joe & Frank Hardy look alike contest?

Oh, and by the way, I'm checking in from Cambridge University today where we are visiting the campus with Mel. She liked Oxford better, and I have to agree with her on that. Both have Fencing teams too, so she can continue in her sport if she goes to school somewhere over here.

She has decided to come to summer school research program at Oxford University next summer, just to get a taste of college life early. But I'm still thinking she will stay in the US for college, we have a few others we want to visit this summer.

Oh, and who is showing up this Wednesday? I'm planning to come into Pine Island for a cigar . . . I may be jet lagged and I may be crabby (so what is new) but I'm planning to get in for a Wednesday cigar and gun lunch.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    What about the Joe & Frank Hardy look alike contest?

Oh, and by the way, I'm checking in from Cambridge University today where we are visiting the campus with Mel. She liked Oxford better, and I have to agree with her on that. Both have Fencing teams too, so she can continue in her sport if she goes to school somewhere over here.

She has decided to come to summer school research program at Oxford University next summer, just to get a taste of college life early. But I'm still thinking she will stay in the US for college, we have a few others we want to visit this summer.

Oh, and who is showing up this Wednesday? I'm planning to come into Pine Island for a cigar . . . I may be jet lagged and I may be crabby (so what is new) but I'm planning to get in for a Wednesday cigar and gun lunch.

LadyGhost and I will be there. I dunno if I REALLY wanna deal with a crabass though. LOL It will be strange to actually carry a gun again after not being able to for so long I bet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    LadyGhost and I will be there. I dunno if I REALLY wanna deal with a crabass though. LOL It will be strange to actually carry a gun again after not being able to for so long I bet.

Just got home.

Heck its strange to drive on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD after being in the UK for so long :):

The first half of the trip we took trains and/or had friends driving, but we picked up a car in Birmingham, drove to Glasgow, then Loch Lomond (for almost a week), then up to the Isle of Mull and back to our cottage on Loch Lomond. Headed east to Stirling, then over to visit a Roman era fortress and Hadrian's Wall on the way south to Cambridge. Stayed there a couple days and then drove down to London for a final visit with my sister and her new husband. Driving on the wrong side of the road, on the wrong side of the car on roads that are often very very narrow, is a bizarre experience.

As for carrying a gun, obviously I couldn't do that. However I found myself sitting with my back against the wall while facing the door so I could watch people coming/going. I checked out all their security cameras, exists, etc when I entered places. If you can't protect yourself then you have to compensate in other ways by increasing awareness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom