• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Why would anybody ever shoot a Judge????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5LIz7j-IvU&feature=related]YouTube - 1969 Pontiac GTO "The Judge" TV Ad[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Kbtz9j-iE&feature=related]YouTube - My Pontiac GTO Judge 69.[/ame]

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I haven't but you should ask the guy at the 1500 who shot himself with one. he could tell you how it shoots AND how it feels.:laugh:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I don't own one, but a friend does.He has the 6" barrel and has 1st 2 .410 buckshot and the rest 45colt. He likes it, had a picatiny rail installed on it. The Judge was made for very close range, good for defense in cars, apts. etc. Of course if one doesn't like it, don't buy it. It seems to be a love it or hate it gun. There are other guns I want or need worse than a Judge, but If I already had a 45colt or .410, I'd buy one

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I like it.

I have a Judge, had it sent in to get the extractor adjusted because I was having problems with 45 colt ammo. I really like it, fun to shoot, recoil is not too bad. I don't understand why so many say it would not be a good SD gun. If history is accurate the 45 colt stopped a lot of bad guys in the "old west". Ballistics make the round look as impressive as the 45 acp. Nobody said you had to use 410, but the spread I saw from 000 buckshot was pretty impressive. I know I would not want to have one pointed in my direction. If you would carry a 357 revolver or 38 for PD the Judge should be OK.:twocents:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have a Judge, had it sent in to get the extractor adjusted because I was having problems with 45 colt ammo. I really like it, fun to shoot, recoil is not too bad. I don't understand why so many say it would not be a good SD gun. If history is accurate the 45 colt stopped a lot of bad guys in the "old west". Ballistics make the round look as impressive as the 45 acp. Nobody said you had to use 410, but the spread I saw from 000 buckshot was pretty impressive. I know I would not want to have one pointed in my direction. If you would carry a 357 revolver or 38 for PD the Judge should be OK.:twocents:

If you are only going to use the .45 why not just get a .45 long colt revolver? The spread of the .410 is actually a problem. Shot should group tight. Buck shot is intended to multiply the damage done to a target. Bird shot is intended to multiply the chance of hitting a target. You don't want to use buck shot with the philosophy of bird shot.

Judge = great trail gun

If I had a need for a snake/trail gun it would be a judge. I wouldn't use it for self defense.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've fired my friends Judge, and I can say I'm not really a fan. IMHO, it's awkward and ugly. But then again, that's why we have a ton of different options with firearms, different strokes for different folks!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ki[/COLOR said:
    ngnereli;615397]If you are only going to use the .45 why not just get a .45 long colt revolver? The spread of the .410 is actually a problem. Shot should group tight. Buck shot is intended to multiply the damage done to a target. Bird shot is intended to multiply the chance of hitting a target. You don't want to use buck shot with the philosophy of bird shot.

Judge = great trail gun

If I had a need for a snake/trail gun it would be a judge. I wouldn't use it for self defense.

Well, for one thing,the Judge will shoot BOTH, and not just the .45 Colt

I have a Judge with a 4" barrel. Using Federal Premium .410 Handgun ammo
    2-1/2" 4-pellet 000 Buck, and firing from a distance of 21' (7yards), I got CONSISTENT <6" patterns! 4-pellets of roughly .36 caliber, at that distance would be devastating!

As previously posted, the Judge was designed for "up close and personal" situations. Most altercations involving a handgun occur inside of 21'.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I love mine. The 6" and the 3" barrels are easy to shoot and do not kick like you think they would. I am taking my 6" hunting this year. If you can shoot a 45 auto, you can shoot a Judge easily.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In all honesty, if I were "out west" and needed a great trail and/or snake gun, this would be it.
    The rifling in the barrel, all be it shallow, still imparts quite a spin on any kind of shot. Your patterns will most definitely suffer due to it.

Hummm, well if it were to be a "snake gun" only I wonder if having a smith
    remove the rifling all together essentially making a smooth bore would be a good benefit for shot only?
    You could not use .45lc any longer but if this was your only intended purpose.......... anybody have a judge and a drill to test this? :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom