Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ever had an intruder in your house/property?

• Total voters

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wifes car got broke into while in the driveway..........parked right beside my fully marked police car.

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    yep... while I was in the house

About 1 1/2 years ago I had someone break in the back garage door. they took a few thing out of the truck and stole two laptop computers, a digital camera, mp3 player and I believe they would have taken more except I think I sacred them off when I got up early to take a shower. the reason I think that is because a number of things were unplugged, the router and the computer docking station.
    I have 4 bedrooms upstairs and I happened to have my stereo turned on loud enough not to hear them. When I came down stairs I went to put the laptop in my briefcase to go to work and It was not there. I started looking around and the other laptop was gone. So Im thinking what is going on :xmad:.. I look out the front window and there are lights from a car out in the road. now im thinking that may be the BG's so I go out there and its a County Brownie... I live in a nice subdivision that is on the Elkhart River, so my neighbors are all fairly close. I go over there and they got broken into, so I asked the Sheriff if he would come over to my house next because I was broken into also.
    You know, you dont think it can happen to you, until it does.
    I had never owned a hand gun until about 3 weeks after that happened.
    Now I have infrared motion detectors outside that will warn me upstairs by turning a radio on and down stairs by turning a extra light on in my living room. I also have an X-10 alarm system inside with motion detectors and door alarms that will call about 4 different telephone numbers if it goes off. I cant stand paying a service cause Im a cheap skate... lol (by the way it works great so look it up if you're in the market for an alarm system).

Well, now I own 2 hand guns, I have my LTCH and I keep a Mossie 500 pump up stairs with 00buck ready. and I joined the NRA and INGO.

I will NOT be a victim again!!

I have really enjoyed this site and have learned a lot in the past year or so. I have learned to shoot pretty good and I have even goten my kids into shooting. We go to the range and shoot the hand guns and we go out to my folks in the country and shoot clays for fun from time to time. Im just glad I have the chance to teach them gun safety and show them how guns shoud be treated and used.

Thats my story and Im sticken to it.... take care and stay safe out there..

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A few months ago we had someone get into one of our cars. The g/f was parking her car in front of the garage and I park on the side drive by the house.

It was about 3am and we were sound asleep with the bedroom windo open and the dog went ape Sh**. we then heard the gate between our place and neighbors house.

I looked out and did not see anyone. When we got up to leave the g/f noticed her CD case was gone and nothing else taken.

We think the dog heard the guy or car door closing and was heading back to my Jeep to check it out. I also had a lawnmower out there and that was not taken.

When the guy left the yard he pushed the gate open bending the latch, so the dog must of scared the crap out of him.

Since then we both park in the back and I keep the garage light on. All has been quiet since.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    When I was little we had a guy steal my Mom's bike(Daytime hours). My Mom and step dad got in the car and chased him down. My Step father threw him around a little bit and then threw him in the front seat of the car, while my SF sat behind him with his gun. Took him right to the police station. lol.

And then, there was this time I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a man standing in the hallway (I was only 10ish). He looked at me and turned around and walked away. I went back to sleep. I was confused. Needless to say, a month later we realized a few things were missing. (Old wedding rings/jewlery etc). Still have no clue who it was, but think it could possibly be My Moms ex. ???

Haven't had anything happen since I've been on my own. It would be a bad day for the intruder though!

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    First semester junior year at Purdue I was away, but my roomates were in town. When I returned on Sunday I found my golf clubs, oakleys, and PS2 were all missing. When I asked my roomate about it his face turned to a shade of white and he told me he saw someone walking with golfclubs at 2am outside our house on his way home from the bar. Golfclubs were found by police the next day on a side street. They didnt touch the colt 357 laying next to my bed.

Another instance, where I was not home but roomates were, they awoke to someone sleeping on the couch and front door kicked in. Called police, they came and woke him up. Just another drunken idiot. No problems came of it other than him fixing the door.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Fourteen years ago, right after my husband died, I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. I live in the middle of 97 acres of woods and was sitting outdoors with no lights on anywhere about 1 am. All of a sudden I hear a truck coming up my drive. Lights off. I reached into the open garage and grabbed my pump shotgun. Let the guys get up to the barn and then from behind a huge tree gave them 10 seconds to get gone. They left.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Nothing too exciting, garage painted up in the gangway so on the property. Garage window broken but not sure if entry was mad. Once a tenant in my apartment building (I owned the building) left the back garage door open and someone took his car ramps. My motorcycle and his were in there but not touched.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Had a 15 year old girl kick in my parents back door years ago when I still lived with them. I was asleep from working night shift. Heard the door frame braking and crashing onto the floor. Woke up, still tired, grabbed gun, opened my bedroom door..see figure in the kitchen (after this, I always keep my glasses in my bedroom). I yell, she turns around, I approach with gun, she bolts and gets out front door. Cops come, track her footprints in snow with K-9, she gets locked up. Her dad eventually pays for new door.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    1980, got back to my rented double with the band I was playing in after the new years gig(that's what we hip cats say), 5am, and saw I've been burglarized. Stole my stereo, leather jacket, Colt Python, and Win semi-auto shotgun. IPD took2 1/2 hrs to get there. At least I had insurance.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    My son had his house broken in to on Wed. morning. Sometime between 9:30 and 11:30 AM. (He works nights, and would normally be home, but had went to an Eye Dr appointment) They kicked the door and took 2 flatscreens, change jar, PS3 and an AMT .380 from his nightstand. They had no interest in long guns, or audio equipment. Walked right by a high end receiver, SKS, and his Grandpas M1 carbine. Sheriff seems to think they are from the Danville ,IL area. They've seem to hit a couple houses in our area, in the daytime, then disappear for a week, and do the same deal again. I hope these scumbags walk in the wrong house, at the wrong time. Maybe a couple of "well ventilated" thieves, will send a message to their buddies.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No, and hopefully no one is that stupid. Because I would really hate to take someones life. Because they want to steal from me, or cause me bodily harm. If they are stupid enough, then I'll introduce them Mr. Xd, and Mr. 500.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Last week the murder suspects of Gerald Macleandons' parents were arrested outside my house late at night. My neighbor called the police about two teens wandering around the street and looking into parked cars, little did he know they had murdered two people just hours earlier. It really makes you think twice about confronting people on the street late at night. My neighbor was armed and waited for the police to arrive, or who knows what might of happened.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I had to call the police this morning. I was taking the garbage out and saw someone trying to break into my neighbor's shed. When I stepped outside, my securtiy light turned on and the perp ran.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    10 years ago we lived in Lansing, MI. Somebody tried to break into our apartment (upstairs of a house) and the dog scared them away. We were not home. The door and lock were broken. Scary part is that our land lady who lived downstairs heard the dog and visited us later that day to tell us he had not behaved. Surprise when we told her that somebody had tried to break in. Scary part is that if not for the dog my wife may have come home to an intruder in the house. She arrived only minutes after the land lady heard the dog.

We had to put that dog to sleep this summer. Trust me when I say that was a sad day for the wife.

The_Possumn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    indy/shakamak
    So here are a few for ya, the last one is kinda amusing in retrospect. We had the door kicked and the TV stollen a few months ago. IMPD showed up after a few hours, then asked me to wait (2 more hours) to clean up the mess untill a tech got there to take pictures and dust for prints. he showed up and took 2 pictures of my broked door. brilliant.

about a year ago, i came home early, spent a few minutes outside playing with the dogs, walked around to the back door and discovered that someone had opened it without the key. Nobody was inside and nothing was missing, but that really bothered me, becuase i assume that my showing up early had spooked them off. and because all of the locks were double keyed the only way out was past where i was, and all of the guns were inside the house. i made the likely foolish decision to run in, grab the 38 and take a look around

a couple weeks ago, right about the time i jointed the forum, i was talking to a buddy on the phone, and the dogs start raising cain in the yard. I tell him to hang on, and walk out to the back deck to holler at the dogs, who are just getting more and more fired up. about that time, i hear a window break. My buddy is still on the phone, he hears me swear and rip the blind off the front door as crash into it on my was across the tile floor in my socks. i bounce off the door, feeling no pain, and chuck the phone as i run down the hall to get the M&P. By now, my heartrate is about 300, and i am so mad i can't see straight. I get the gun out, check the chamber and let out a deep breath. Ok, now settle down, and think. I thank God that I am not some liberal pansy that would have no better option than to call 911 and cry in the corner. I check each of the windows in the master bedroom, move through the rest of the house. nothing. the dogs have settled down. WTF? so with my best tactical stance, i slip out the back door and start checking around the house....in my socks and shorts. So if any of you in the broadripple area saw a pasty deranged man with no shoes and a gun, it was me. (same deranged guy with the power tools later that night boarding up the side of my house)

I finally find a basement window that is broken. i walk back inside, and find that my buddy has tried to call a hadfull of times, leaving me a message to let me know that he assumes that i am in a heap at the bottom of my stairs, and if he doesn;t hear from me soon, he is going to send someone over to check on me. that message, my set socks, and the mess i had made of the house, sent me into a laughing fit.

Top Bottom