• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I don't even think about it. I carry EVERYWHERE. I am leaving for Minnesota on my Harley in a couple of days to see my 90 year old dad. XD9 in a appendix holster. 442 in my right front pocket. I am thinking about puttng a broken down SXS 12 gauge in the tour pak for bears in Grand Marais when I visit my favorite nephew and his son.

They can create all the laws that they want, but they have no effect on a free man. I bow to none of the bastards. I have no mens rea.

Those of you who know me, know that this is true.....

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Only when I had a cop tailgating me in Illinois the day after their new laws went into effect.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm in Ohio right now, I drive here once every couple weeks for work.

I know I can carry here OC.... but I don't. Like you mentioned in the OP, I don't feel confident enough to argue law with a state that I'm not fully-versed on. For example, having it in your car is considered CC, and needs a license. It's wierd.

So, I've never "carried" out of state yet.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Just carried in PA. It felt a little weird at first because you want to make sure you didn't miss any laws etc. But once I did it it was just like carrying in Indiana. PA is pretty carry friendly in terms of their laws. Don't have to inform. Can carry into restaurants where they serve alcohol. Open carry is legal etc... So far I've only carried in gun-friendly states (IN, KY, TN, PA). Hope to get my FL permit and be able to carry in OH when I visit my parents. Will probably be a little more nervous there because they are much more strict.

bikerider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I tend to only carry if I'm traveling through the night. Casual road trips during the day aren't as high a priority for me. During these, I have the gun locked away so that it's with me overnight. I know there are flaws in that thinking.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Once I got over the apprehension about checking a handgun through the airport, carrying it when I got to my destination was no big deal.

Texas was a little hinkey, though. They love their felonies down there and have some different rules.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Yep. I am on the road, and I just stopped in Hereford, TX to get fuel.
    Started to go in the store and noticed the firearm in this establishment is a "FELONY" signage, so I made an about face.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Only state so far I've carried is Florida 2 years ago went to Disney world. I didn't carry in the park because of all the rides but could have carried in the park if I wanted to, however anytime we went out on the town I carried everywhere my LC9 as it easily fits in my pocket and doesn't "print" since FL printing can = OC...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I haven't carried out of state yet...I usually don't leave the state often, when I do, I don't have their "permits" to allow me to carry. I would not want to carry in a state that have brandishing laws, too easy to get screwed over.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The wife and I just carried through KY and in TN for a week. We were not the least concerned because we know both states recognize IN LTCHs. Check here NRA-ILA | Gun Laws Scroll down to the US map, select the "U.S. Concealed Carry Reciprocity Map" tab, then click on the state in question. You'll see which state licenses they honor and which states honor theirs. Oh and, when in Rome, do as the Romans do!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Only state so far I've carried is Florida 2 years ago went to Disney world. I didn't carry in the park because of all the rides but could have carried in the park if I wanted to, however anytime we went out on the town I carried everywhere my LC9 as it easily fits in my pocket and doesn't "print" since FL printing can = OC...

I carried in FL last summer while visiting my mom & step-dad there. I was hyper-vigilant about making sure I was CC at all times, which was a bit difficult given that I was carrying a Kimber Desert Warrior II under light summer clothing covering my "beefy" 5'7" 140lb behind... But luckily the :sheep:-le are oblivious, so there were no issues during the week I was there...

Top Bottom