• Ever Carried in a Gun Free Zone?

• Total voters

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yes, currently in Maryland on vacation. Carryed every day. With the murder rate here in Baltimore I would rather face charges for carrying than me or my family ending up dead. I guess if I get caught I'll say " Golly I'm from Indiana were its leagle. I thought it was every were." I figure you can be wrong at least once. Maybe not the best defence but I'm being low key with a over the sholder bag. I hope everyone in Indy is doing well with all the rain at home.

I'm going back to MD for about a month tomorrow, and have to disagree. Baltimore has stricter gun laws then the rest of the state, so being caught won't give you a slap on the wrist. I agree it's stupid, and best to protect yourself though, just be careful :thumbsup: I can't even bring my glock back because I'm under 21 and can't possess a handgun unless under direct supervision of an adult or at a range. Can't wait to get back here, but gotta visit the Fam :rockwoot:

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Right, carry in the mall, if you are "found out", all that can be done is tell or ask you to leave. If you refuse then you are guilty of tresspass, if they want to push it. Then they may call the police if they wish. Myself, I carry if i want and if told to leave I will. :)

One of these days you're going to cause one or more of those stylish yuppie mall bunnies to elapse into an hysterically screaming conniption fit when they catch a glimpse of your cannon... After all, according to these elitist twits, "Nice people don't own those evil gun things." :rolleyesedit:

I can just hear them shrieking "Oh my God, he's got a gun!" as they scramble around like sheeple do when they panic. Baahhh! And then you'll find yourself surrounded by highly trained mall ninjas who are fiercely dedicated to protecting the materialistic mall bunnies from us "scary people." Hiyahhh! :mallninja:

What are you going to do then? :D

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Or the mall cops will come and...
    uh... Hmmm... ??
    ! Throw their retractable keys at you!!

The Bill of Rights... Void where prohibited by law.
    Well I know I can't outrun 'em at Castleton Mall! They got those gyro-scopic two wheeler thingys ya' know! Guess I'll have to negotiate! A pack of Twinkies should do it I reckon!:lmfao:

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Segway..... What a colossal waste of engineering talent.

I saw a meter maid moping along the sidewalk on a Segway in her spiffy little uniform. She couldn't have appeared to be more bored if she tried.

I understand these "colossal wastes of engineering talent" cost around ten grand apiece. For that outrageous price the local taxpayers should insist little Ms meter maid return to walking her beat. The exercise would help keep her in shape. But then, an increasing number of Terrible Hautean urbanites are becoming allergic to physical exertion... It must have something to do with the atmosphere. :rolleyesedit:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I understand these "colossal wastes of engineering talent" cost around ten grand apiece. For that outrageous price the local taxpayers should insist little Ms meter maid return to walking her beat. The exercise would help keep her in shape. But then, an increasing number of Terrible Hautean urbanites are becoming allergic to physical exertion... It must have something to do with the atmosphere. :rolleyesedit:

They're around $5000 for the consumer models. I imagine ones sold to city governments are more expensive (custom decals, cargo packages, etc.)

I agree that I can think of better uses for the money. That said, the technology would have some promise to it if it weren't so freaking expensive.

RF7126

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    West-Central Indiana
    I posted most of this in another thread but I thought it applied here too. Regarding the mall ninjas:

I'm new here (from GT) but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring on this one. For better or worse I'm currently a rent-a-cop at a mall so I take interest when these threads come up.

I've found that if I try to explain everything about the job I tend to write a small essay so I'll keep it short. In the mall I work at (PM if you want more details) most of the guys aren't going to hassle you if you're reasonably concealed. Unfortunately, some of the guys will get all excited and tell you to leave or take it outside. Up to that point you're safe legally, no legal action can be taken. However, as mentioned above, if you tell them to f-off (and I understand it's tough not to do sometimes) they can call the local police and you could conceivably get hooked for trespassing.

On the other hand, I've "caught" many guys carrying and usually just give them a heads-up about the above-mentioned overzealous guys. Many times I don't say anything at all. Depending on the circumstances I may politely request to see a license, but this is simply me saying "help me out, I could get fired for not asking you to leave, at least reassure me you're legal and I didn't just talk with a felon who's carrying illegally." It also seems to help prevent a sheeple stampede if you accidentally flashed it. I support open carry, but if I get a call from a frantic store manager there's not much I can do, particularly if there's an off-duty cop working as they almost always ask people to leave it in the car.

Just some info if you're ever visiting a mall in a small city in west-central Indiana.
    smile.gif

Perhaps I would do better if I followed the example of the above mentioned highly trained mall ninjas and snapped myself in the groin with my (nonexistent) retractable key ring. I think that's the ticket! :D

Last edited:

zookeeperk9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    When I am at work, I don't always know where I am going next so sometime my carry piece has to go with me places it is not supposed to.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't carry where I'm not supposed to. I spend a couple of seconds at the doors of stores, etc. looking for a posting.

That's not saying I haven't accidentally carried in a Gun Free zone.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    This my debate Ive had for a long time with friends and family.

Your actions choose the consequences in ANY situation.

Do you

A.) Follow the rules. Die. Have some one applaud you at your funeral for "Well he followed the rules. Yay!" Resurrection is NOT guaranteed for following law.

B.) Ask for forgiveness and face the charges but still breathe, eat, sleep, talk, walk, love, etc?

Hmmm.... I'll take answer B.

B.) has been my answer since 1966. Prohibitions to firearms carry only apply to people with evil intent, IMO

After all, the ink pen I carry in my shirt pocket is also a lethal weapon if I so choose.... and my steel toe boots...

Our Allen County Courthouse was renovated over the last few years. Of course there are magnetometers at the entrance and no firearms allowed in the building. However, once you are inside, there are screwdrivers, box cutters, pipes, wrenches, hammers, torches and all types of weapons in the hallways accessible to anyone walking through. Never made a lot of sense to me that I had to secure my duty weapon in a locker as I entered the building.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom