• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I've purchased a couple items. One item was as described, the other supposedly had a brand new barrel, but it was definitely used. I wasn't too upset as it wasn't a big purchase, however, you definitely have to be careful. Few pictures generally means bad. You want lots of close up photos.

Oh, one other thing. I usually try to check my local dealers stock or ask if they can get the item if I'm purchasing something new. I go to my dealer alot and have a pretty good relationship with them and would hate to purchase something they had on the self. That's just me, others probably don't care and go for the absolute lowest price.

Just fyi, just because you purchase an item out of state doesn't mean you don't owe sales tax on it. Technically you owe tax on all purchases you make for personal use in IN.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Wrong advice

You can get your own FFL if you do alot of transfers. Google it, there are many kits you can buy that have all the paperwork set and ready to fill out. I think it's only $250/year here in indy for the license.

Check this thread.... https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/52590-how_to_get_a_ffl.html

Get your FFL kits are a rip-off and unnecssary; no useless. Anyone can get the paperwork off the BATF web site for free. FFL Class 1 is $200 for three years plus you need a Indiana State Police handgun license and a Indiana Business License. You can't get a FFL so you can use it to mostly purchars guns for yourself, that is big no-no with the ATF.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone here, reporting 3 successful firearms purchases and quite a few accessories. Never had an issue.

Its like eBay for guns!! The best part imho, is being able to find rare guns that would not normally be on the shelf in your average gun store.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Michiana;579260 [COLOR=#000000 said:
    I have some customers who average one transaction a month from Gunbroker so take that for what it is worth as a reference of the service.[/COLOR]

Oh My that's too many guns!! Do Tell, who would ever NEED that many guns? Has a gun shop ever mistakenly sent an extra gun? Ha!

To the OP, Auction Arms is nice too, although only about 1/10th the size. They do not have the 15 minute rule, and you can score a better price if you're prepared.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ive bought a lot of non-firearm items off gun-broker. Everything ive bought has arrived quickly, in great shape and ive had sellers include extra stuff for kicks (extra rounds of ammo for example).:rockwoot:

Read feedback and as long as the seller doesn't have to many negatives you should be good to go.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Get your FFL kits are a rip-off and unnecssary; no useless. Anyone can get the paperwork off the BATF web site for free. FFL Class 1 is $200 for three years plus you need a Indiana State Police handgun license and a Indiana Business License. You can't get a FFL so you can use it to mostly purchars guns for yourself, that is big no-no with the ATF.

Thanks for clearing that up, i'll stay away from 'em.
    And if you get your FFL, you have to legally be a *gun seller*?

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    m1 carbine on the way

well my 9/11 :patriot:purchase is on its way, new to me m1 carbine, been wanting one for a while, ill see how this transaction goes...cant wait to go and shoot m1..:D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Used it a few times to pick up used guns that I couldn't get locally. Patriot Arms in Terre Haute handled every transfer professionally for me. If you do your homework and use FFL to FFL shipping, you can get some good deals without a whole lot of risk.

Towertopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I have had nothing but good experiences on gunbroker. Read the auctions well. Pay however the seller requests. Most times they are smooth transactions, but your dealing with sellers worldwide. They may have some quirks on some deals as mentioned like the BB gun in an earlier reply. Most of the times you don't need to deal with a FFL unless it is a firearm. Anything that can shoot a projectile can be a "Firearm" in the mind of the seller depending on where they live and their laws (like CA), be it a BB gun, AR, AK, and even a flair gun for your boat. It is a great place to buy hard to find parts, like the grips I bought for my FEG P9R that came from Thailand or parts for my AK ect.... Like eBay, your shopping the world over.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    not sure of question

Thanks for clearing that up, i'll stay away from 'em. And if you get your FFL, you have to legally be a *gun seller*?

If you are asking if you HAVE to sell guns once you get your FFL I don't believe that to be the case if you are using it to do transfers. You can get the license and put it in a drawer and forget it but that would be a waste of money. If you are just using it to buy guns for your personal use that is a no-no and your license might be pulled on you if you are audited. The purpose of a FFL is to buy and sell firearms and do transfers for gun owners, you buying a few guns for yourself is a side benefit and should not be your primary objective. Hope I answered your question. :dunno:

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    bought some brass about one month ago, Perfect transaction. I paid him , he shipped it to me just as promised.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Just paid for a Stag complete upper that I got off of there, they said it should ship tomorrow. First GB purchase.

Just wish PayPal wasn't run by wussies.

Top Bottom