• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you feel you are not getting good service at Wal-Mart and the manager is a real POS. Ask him where you can stand to pass out UNION cards. If you have ever looked at the amount of cameras mounted on the outside of the building and parking lots. It is not for customer safety, it is to monitor UNION activity. I know this to be VERY true.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    It sometimes feels like employers in general dont care about an employees life just because of the liability involved I understand there side but we have a right to defend ourselves Im not gonna die because some psycho had a bad day

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    If that's the way Wal-Mart wants to handle things that's fine with me. Their store their rules. I can understand where they're coming from. Nothing in the store is worth getting someone hurt or killed over. I do however find it ironic that they have a theft policy like this in place. yet fosters an environment on Black Friday that leads to people getting trampled and killed.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    The thing that pisses me off about policies like this is WE ARE ENABLING CRIMINALS.

By turning ourselves into a bunch of pansies afraid to do anything and actively discouraging intervention by people who are NOT afraid to do something, we just encourage more crime. For God's sake, when are we as a society going to wake up and realize that?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The part that puzzles me is that, according to the story given by the former employee, they were following company policy right up until the perp stuck a gun in someone's side and started threatening to shoot. After that, it was self-defense, not protection of property. I believe in "their store, their rules" but not to the extent that it deprives an employee of his right to life, liberty, and self-defense. I think WalMart is going to end up paying for wrongful termination, if the facts are as were stated.

Top Bottom