• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    If anyone from Evansville is online/has power, is anything (that you know of) on the West end near USI open? I've overheard conversations that most West end businesses near USI are closed, including Wal-Mart. If anyone can confirm/deny let me know before I waste time trying to find out. The Jeep is alredy clear and ready, but we don't have power in the Apartments on campus here (I'm squatting on campus in an open building using power and internet)

Thanks in advance...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm from Eville, but I'm not sure what's open...If you have the internet just look up the number.

I graduated from USI but, I still get the text messages alerting me of crap when there is bad weather because I keep forgetting to deactivate it...One of them said the loft will be open from 5-7 tonight if you need something to eat.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Haha, I'm sitting downstairs from the loft the line is to the door downstairs in the UC...
    I was just being lazy. I'm on the internet so I know I'd be able to look up phone numbers. I think My girlfriend and I are going to go out to see what is open or just cook the left over pizza from Old Chicago this weekend on my Jeep's exaust manifold.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I'm out of here. Going to go out driving around until we hit light, if anyhting it'll warm up the engine enough to cook off of. :rockwoot:

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good luck Jerry! I work for the company that owns the Circle S stores. They said some of our stores were out of power down their but I didn't here witch ones.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    We ventured out. Everthing was closed, but a few businesses had just had their power turned on. McDonald's on the West side was packed; however, after driving by my girlfriend commented that no one was inside. There was a line of cars waiting in the drivethrough for no one to take an order. The people there when the power went out didn't bother to turn anyhting off.
    Luckily the thortons was opened. They had just got their power back on so we were able to get some coffee at least. Ended up eating cold pizza and warming soup over a scented candle/stove we had set-up. Needless to say I was able to convince the girlfriend that is was a good idea to get a jet flame burner or sweedish mess kit like I've been wanting.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Glad I'm not at USI any more!!!

We NEVER lost power for more than a few hours during the 5 years I was there. (fall 96 - spring 01) And that included a few ice storms. And snow storms.

Go Eagles! hehe

-J-

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Glad I'm not at USI any more!!!

We NEVER lost power for more than a few hours during the 5 years I was there. (fall 96 - spring 01) And that included a few ice storms. And snow storms.

Go Eagles! hehe

-J-

Ha, this is the second time this school year. The first time was the big wind storm in the fall. My row of buildings was the last to get power on around 3 or 4 days after the event. My building was the first to lose power during this ice storm and i doubt we'll be getting it back any time soon. :dunno: Needless to say, this will be my last semester on campus. I hate leaving all my "toys" at home...

Last edited:

exar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Warrick Co checking in. I live near Chandler and the roads are still crap as well as power lines and trees blocking the roads. My power just came on at 1am last night. Most of Newburgh is still out of power.

Top Bottom