• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    OMG!!! the republicans actually have a chance at beating Bayh in Indiana. It is to bad that it took him stepping down for Republicans to have a chance. I do hope that all the Republicans will be satisfied if Dan Coats gets elected as that is such a big change for America. I do agree with what was previously written about Bayh could be setting himself up for a 2016 run. All sarcasm aside, I do hope a conservative candidate wins the seat here in Indiana but I highly doubt it.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Mark my words:

"Andre Carson for Senate"

I smell 1988 all over again

"those who forget history are doomed to repeat it"

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    IMO there is no way Bayh is running in 2016. His entire life, political and social, has been a series of calculated moves per script. He hay have gained some notiriety in Iowa and during the Veep vetting process but the country as a whole is very ho hum about this milk toast personality.

My money is on his hand got caught in the cookie jar one way or another. You don't give up your senate seat and the possibility of your wife's corporate board positions unless forced. He has formed exploratory committees in the past that have petered out.

I shall keep watching. This is an interesting year with local celeb/Prosecutor Brizzi caught on the take and I am sooo curious as to what Evan got caught up in. :popcorn:

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Woo hoo!

Did not think Bayh was man enough to fall on his sword!

Now, we MUST elect the correct candidate. One who knows the U.S. Constitution and adheres it! And is not planning on a career in Washington!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    funny how those yellow belly dems quit talking and start running when a beating is on the horizon. Just think now Evan wont even have to pretend he is from "flyover country hicksville indiana" he can stay in DC and lobby for the big bucks.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Now to find a candidate that will place individual and state rights above national party politics.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Another Democrat striking his tent?

November may be very ugly for the DNC.:popcorn:

Been quite a few. They aren't even waiting to get beat. They hooked their wagon to a flaming Communist when they put all their chips on Obama, and the voters that allowed themselves to be hoodwinked are blaming everybody involved.

Except the person who cast the vote, of course. :rolleyes:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It may be just as ugly for Republicrats, too. They aren't going out of their way to run good candidates, so far. just look at the Coats debacle.

Republicans will get the message from us conservatives that we expect the party to BE conservative, or we will not vote for them.

This certainly doesn't mean we'll be voting Libertarian, though. That party has allowed itself to be infiltrated to an even greater extent than the Reps, and has been driven even further left than the Dems in many respects.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Woo hoo!

Did not think Bayh was man enough to fall on his sword!

Now, we MUST elect the correct candidate. One who knows the U.S. Constitution and adheres it! And is not planning on a career in Washington!

Which means either convincing Coats not to run or give him a well deserved whipping in the primary.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I am real curious why if he was up 20 points in the polls, he would resign? I will watch the news conference with an open mind. Still is good to see he go. Surely the GOP can put up a better candidate than a has been Coats.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I don't think he would step down yet if he was running for president. I sure am glad to see him go and pretty surprised about the whole thing.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am real curious why if he was up 20 points in the polls, he would resign? I will watch the news conference with an open mind. Still is good to see he go. Surely the GOP can put up a better candidate than a has been Coats.

In what polls, he was running neck and neck with any potential R challenger in the Dems own polls.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Running for the hills isn't really a party thing now is it? You could use your exact same words for Steve Buyer too.

funny how those yellow belly dems quit talking and start running when a beating is on the horizon. Just think now Evan wont even have to pretend he is from "flyover country hicksville indiana" he can stay in DC and lobby for the big bucks.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What is the basis of all of this recent "retirement" activity amongst the Democrats?

I think the overall public outcry has the Dem's seeing more than the writing on the wall.

Some that are retiring I see them doing this as some sort of regrouping, fleeing before the firestorm so that they don't have a election defeat beside their name only to resurface when it's a more favorable climate and voter friendly for their return.

Maverick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This has truly made my day. Just heard on the radio that the dems. may not be able to run a candidate in the primaries. Deadline for filing is tomorrow. 1 down and 1 to go!
    (No my key board is not broke, but thanks for asking.)

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Republicans will get the message from us conservatives that we expect the party to BE conservative, or we will not vote for them.

Well said Joe. The most ironic thing about the last 8years of Republican leadership was that it was in no way, shape or form conservative about it's spending.

Top Bottom