ethnomathematics. Math that focuses on finding the correct answer is because of white supremacy. Not joking.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Was about to post this. /\ /\ /\ Since 1+1=2 is racist, and numbers don't matter, why not set up multiple prices based on the buyer's race? Yeah, that sounds equitable!!!
    Not terribly different than the restaurant that made national news for having higher pricing and less/no ongoing service for men.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    When you have your life subsidized with free food, free housing and even free cell phone you don't need to know how to count. The check just appears every month. This does not apply to those genuinely in need.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Back in the 90's i helped my son do his math, he came home and told me the teacher said it wasn't right, all the answers were right but since he didn't have the "new formula" for getting answers it was considered wrong, The teacher and i had a talk, she was new out of college, she changed his grade and explained that she wasn't taught to teach that right answers were right unless you followed her learning/111

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Back in the 90's i helped my son do his math, he came home and told me the teacher said it wasn't right, all the answers were right but since he didn't have the "new formula" for getting answers it was considered wrong, The teacher and i had a talk, she was new out of college, she changed his grade and explained that she wasn't taught to teach that right answers were right unless you followed her learning/111
    Now they don't have to get the right answer or show their work. How very progressive. No one needs a job to get paid, no one needs money to pay their rent, groceries or utilities. Good God, why didn't we adopt this :poop: sooner? I wasted most of my life learning and earning, I guess that makes me a chump.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Getting the "right answer" seems to be ok, when it's statistical parity between races that is being talked about.

I guess Stat is the non-racist mathematics.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I only made it through part of the article. Yea, nasa lander, think about all the engineering that goes into cars... tell the person doing that seminar the engineer designing her car just got the design close enough so have fun on the freeway at 80 mph. meanwhile here I am spending how many hours a week on my spreadsheets managing millions of dollars (internal finance... mostly... but still) going to all the trouble of keeping things traceable and transparent. Guess I oughta just be guessing how much each program spends developing engines.

My wife was bit years ago helping a classmate's kid... spent 3 hours teaching the girl 2 digit multiplication because the teacher hadn't and sent a sheet home for the kids to guess the answers. poor kid got them all marked wrong because she actually did the math with my wife. her dad had words with the school and I never heard what the outcome was.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I always felt math could be a bridge between people. If you get a group people talking about some thing they are good at and passionate about, barriers can melt away. Ya, I know that sounds naive. I’ve seen it happen first hand. So I believe it.

Top Bottom