• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I have wanted an Eotech holographic since I first started looking at AR style rifles. (I'm not going to lie, COD MW2 had a lot to do with it) I had a cheap red dot on my AR when I first bought it, and when I took it outside to shoot it in sunlight, the red dot disappeared. So I'd been hesitant to get an Eotech thinking it would be the same way.

Well I had some birthday money and I went and looked at one today, and I asked if I could take it outside to see if I could see it in sunlight, and YES, you can definitely see it in even the brightest light. I took that bad boy HOME! I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but Brett at Castleton Gander bore-sighted it for me so I'm thinking it should be good to go.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to share today... If anyone is worried about being able to see an Eotech in sunlight, it's PLENTY bright!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    pics? model?

I have wanted an Eotech holographic since I first started looking at AR style rifles. (I'm not going to lie, COD MW2 had a lot to do with it) I had a cheap red dot on my AR when I first bought it, and when I took it outside to shoot it in sunlight, the red dot disappeared. So I'd been hesitant to get an Eotech thinking it would be the same way.

Well I had some birthday money and I went and looked at one today, and I asked if I could take it outside to see if I could see it in sunlight, and YES, you can definitely see it in even the brightest light. I took that bad boy HOME! I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but Brett at Castleton Gander bore-sighted it for me so I'm thinking it should be good to go.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to share today... If anyone is worried about being able to see an Eotech in sunlight, it's PLENTY bright!

rwp5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Clinton, Indiana
    I purchased a 512 when I bought my Colt 6920. The not my first Colt but it was my first EoTech product. I think the EoTech is as close to most intuitive CQCB sight as your ever going to get. I find it shoots well even at extended distances. I have eye dominant issues, right handed, but left eye dominant. The design of the EoTech shrouds the "weak" eye, removing the dominance issue. I dialed mine in at a combat zero of 25 meters. I am getting ready to order a Troy Industries low profile flip up battle sight to go behind it as a back up. One thing about the rear buttons on the 512, it limits the style of flip up rear sight you can use. Hind sight says if I could do it over again, I would have bought the side button model. I purchased the rifle/optic combo for home/farm defense, SHTF, target shooting, and short range varmit hunting.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I got the 512.A6somethingorother. My priority was that it took the AA batteries. I also got this one because I got a good price on it. I thought about a side button model because of the compatibility with NV and magnifiers, but I am uncertain that at this point in time either of those will be needed. Maybe if I get the FN SCAR I have my eye on as my next .223, I'll get the holo/magnifier combo.

Thanks for the replies, I took a pic of the sight mounted, but I couldn't get a good pic of the circle/dot optic... I'll have to work on that.

9tid4w.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I have double astigmatism and I have very good success with the Eotech over the tube design of Aimpoint.
    I want the new XPS model, not for sure which one or if I'll ever get it! Apparently withouth $$$ they don't ship them to you? :dunno:
    :):

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I have double astigmatism and I have very good success with the Eotech over the tube design of Aimpoint.
    I want the new XPS model, not for sure which one or if I'll ever get it! Apparently without $$$ they don't ship them to you? :dunno:
    :):

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I am more of an iron sight kind of guy but I do have an Eotech XPS2 and it is a very nice weapon sight indeed.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I just sighted in my Aimpoint M2 on my M&P15-22 yesterday at an indoor range and man I had to turn the brightness down. It was the same way outside, couldn't even stand to use the highest setting.

Here are a couple pics I took. Personally I like the single dot vs. the dual circle, I prefer to see as much of what I'm shooting at. There are a million reasons why people like EOTechs over Aimpoints and Aimpoints over EOTechs.

Best side by side philosophy of use video I've seen on the topic at the far bottom.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054-2.jpg

YouTube - Aimpoint vs EOTECH: Game Changers

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but Brett at Castleton Gander bore-sighted it for me so I'm thinking it should be good to go.

Brett's a helluva nice guy. One of the more gun knowledgeable guys at the North side Gander Mountain.

Were you aware that he is a fellow INGO user? His user name is: Squirt239

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    I purchased a 512 when I bought my Colt 6920. The not my first Colt but it was my first EoTech product. I think the EoTech is as close to most intuitive CQCB sight as your ever going to get. I find it shoots well even at extended distances. I have eye dominant issues, right handed, but left eye dominant. The design of the EoTech shrouds the "weak" eye, removing the dominance issue. I dialed mine in at a combat zero of 25 meters. I am getting ready to order a Troy Industries low profile flip up battle sight to go behind it as a back up. One thing about the rear buttons on the 512, it limits the style of flip up rear sight you can use. Hind sight says if I could do it over again, I would have bought the side button model. I purchased the rifle/optic combo for home/farm defense, SHTF, target shooting, and short range varmit hunting.

I have the same setup as yours Colt 6920 with an EOTECH 512 and a troy flip up BUIS, and like you I wish I had bought the side button.
    I think you will like the EOTECH they make nice optics.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Brett's a helluva nice guy. One of the more gun knowledgeable guys at the North side Gander Mountain.

Were you aware that he is a fellow INGO user? His user name is: Squirt239

well a lot of the southside gander gun guys are retarded ass holes. if they are INGO members please post a user name so i can fire negative rep immediately :):

good luck with the eotech!! They are the best for CQB, IMO

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I noticed a year or so ago that I couldn't see the reticle of one of my EOTechs very well in bright sunlight. Turned out to be problem with one of the mirrors inside got misaligned. The cool thing is, they fixed it at no cost even though the unit was at least three years out of warranty.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    His LaRue mount is backwards, and he's got it pushed so far to the rear that his BUIS is basically useless and cannot co-witness. :n00b: Not only that, but your overall field-of-view starts to diminish when you've got the scope that close to your eye. Its a red dot, not a long-range Leupold. :n00b::n00b:

He has to know what he's doing though, his LaRue mount said it was "tactical." I saw it, it said so right on the side!

Oh man, I didn't even realize that was a nutnfancy video, I'd better be careful or his fanboys may come looking for me. ;)

I have nothing against the guy, but I don't think he's as awesome as some people make him out to be. (I've only watched like 5 of his videos ever)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom