• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I think some of the only ways they could make this palatable to all the current LTCH holders is to either make it free to upgrade or give a tax refund for any extra cost to upgrade. I hate having to pay to get a Utah or Florida non-resident and pay to have it/them renewed every 5 years. If I could get a lifetime carry card from IN or something like a cheaper 10 or 15 year license, I would consider it a good deal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The NRA is not opposed to the legislation.

they should be. but then again they stand to profit from it as well.

I think some of the only ways they could make this palatable to all the current LTCH holders is to either make it free to upgrade or give a tax refund for any extra cost to upgrade. I hate having to pay to get a Utah or Florida non-resident and pay to have it/them renewed every 5 years. If I could get a lifetime carry card from IN or something like a cheaper 10 or 15 year license, I would consider it a good deal.

:nono: dont lump us all together. I WOULD NOT WANT IT EVEN IF THE UPGRADE WAS FREE FOR ME AS A CURRENT LTCH OWNER. 2A is clear no permission needed. having to jump thru hoops fpr the LTCH was enough. 2A talks nothing about training.

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    I've complained about this in a couple other posts. To me it's just another form of gun control. What's so disgusting to me, is it was proposed by a so called supporter of the 2nd amendment...I'll bye that when pigs fly. Hey,...with friends like that, we don't need enemies!!!!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It's a license that will require training to get. In theory, this will encourage other states to recognize Indiana's (enhanced) license as a valid carry permit in that state. In reality, it's pandering to those states and it opens the door to simply saying "Hey, why do we need two licenses? Let's just drop the one that doesn't require training?" Furthermore, there is exactly zero guarantee that any state will honor that license anyway. Lots of promises, though.
    Exactly this^ and all of this^.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'll be looking forward to getting mine if this gets passed.

If not, no biggy, I'll looking get a Florida. We don't travel that often, but it would be nice to have.

For the rest of you, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" died in this country years ago, now it's a numbers game against soccer moms who vote.

We need to stop the fighting amongst ourselves and get to work educating and undoing the damage the Brady Campaign has done.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    I'll probably catch hell for adding this to the conversation, but here goes.

As a septagenation who has grown old with guns and shooting, including military training, I would like to see everyone who handles firearms in any way be trained at least in firearms safety. I don't care if they know how to shoot the guns, only that they know how to not make it go bang when it shouldn't.

Have you been to a gun show or lgs lately? How many times have you been swept by some damned fool that doesn't know a.)if the gun is loaded, or b.) where it is aimed, yet he's waving around and practicing how his draw stroke and trigger pull!!!!

I absolutely do not want to lose any of my God-given, constitutional rights, but I am coming around to the opinion that good quality training and testing may well be needed. Especially now, considering how many guns are currently being purhased during this Obama-panic. Many, many of those buying panic guns have no idea about gun safety.:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll probably catch hell for adding this to the conversation, but here goes.

As a septagenation who has grown old with guns and shooting, including military training, I would like to see everyone who handles firearms in any way be trained at least in firearms safety. I don't care if they know how to shoot the guns, only that they know how to not make it go bang when it shouldn't.

Have you been to a gun show or lgs lately? How many times have you been swept by some damned fool that doesn't know a.)if the gun is loaded, or b.) where it is aimed, yet he's waving around and practicing how his draw stroke and trigger pull!!!!

I absolutely do not want to lose any of my God-given, constitutional rights, but I am coming around to the opinion that good quality training and testing may well be needed. Especially now, considering how many guns are currently being purhased during this Obama-panic. Many, many of those buying panic guns have no idea about gun safety.:twocents:

You're assuming hardly anybody gets some, minimal training on their own volition and those in states where it's mandatory already, actually learn and follow the training they're exposed to.

This bill needs to die.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So am I hearing the state is not going to grandfather Life Time permits?

Correct since in SB555 there is no need to grandfather LTCHs.
    Basically SB555 creates another level of LTCHs.

So you have LTCH and LTCH v2 (that requires training). You have the option of appling for either one or getting them both.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    MTC, thanks for the reference. In addition to the committee link, here's a direct link to the bill.

Indiana General Assembly

BTW, did y'all notice that the current language of SB0555 indicates that the proposed new "Indiana reciprocity license" won't be issued to anyone under the age of 21?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom