• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Has anyone ever had it? I've struggled with sinus problems for too long now, and am considering the possibility of endoscopic surgery. I also work in the restaurant industry which really compounds my problem as not being able to smell/taste food is well....I'm pretty sure there's a proverb relating it to death.
    Just looking for some insight into the surgery and it's pros/cons. Thanks INGO community!

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    Even if you have it, may have to have another, to even be a little effective. Be prepared for possible, not definite headaches. Seems to be different for everybody, but alot of times needs repeated.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I had it done about 10 years ago. Best thing I ever had done. I had polyps blocking my airway in my sinuses. I used Dr. Max Newell who is on the South side. I did not snore until about 4 years ago, I started again. Well worth any temporary discomfort you might have with the surgery. But if you have a pair hanging, you can handle it.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I had it done in January of 2005. Doctor nicked the sphenoid artery while he was in there & cauterized it, but never mentioned any increased likelihood of a rupture. Four days after the procedure, the artery ruptured and I walked into a local hospital ER with my face in a bucket because I had already soaked a bath towel with blood. I was immediately admitted, and almost bled out on two separate occasions (I can tell you from experience that your vision fades quickly and fails completely during the early stages of hemorrhagic shock). After 9 days in the hospital, four blood transfusions and three more procedures to repair the damage, I left the hospital 17 pounds lighter and with a hemoglobin count approximately 2/3 of normal for an adult male. I was weak as a kitten for a couple of months while my body rebuilt my blood supply. On the bright side though, I don't have any more sinus issues to speak of!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My wife just had this done last week. Kept her on the couch for about three days and then back to work. She's doing okay and is admittedly not a tough girl.

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    My fiance had it done a couple of years ago and it's helped her tremendously. She went from having all kinds of sinus issues to essentially nothing now. She was on the couch for a few days over her spring break but otherwise she was good to go by the end of the week.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    had it done 3 times over a 6 year period. Last one was now about 10 years ago. Have to do sinus rinse daily (neti pot) but it has helped immensely. Research to find a good surgeon. I didn't the on the first 2 but did on the last, made all the difference. (make sure a resident is not doing the surgery if you go to a big name person that has students working under him/her)

some new, less invasive, techniques are available too. Sinus Surgery | Balloon Sinuplasty by ACCLARENT®

Top Bottom