• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't reload due to lack of space. So I useally will clean up/collect my brass and offer it up to any shooters around me. Also an easy way to start up a conversation with a fellow shooter.

I'll reserve a spot next to me for you at the range. :)

It depends on the range. I always try to recover my own brass. If the rules permit then I will gather any other brass left on the ground at my bench in calibers I can use.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Face it, it wasn't a friendly question. But then I knew you would pretend it was, that's how it works on forums. It's the anonymous nature that brings out the best in people I guess, makes them act like they are only the finest, mist honorable folks when challenged.

You wanted to bash the place, not try it out. But I am sure you know this deep down, admitting it is the trick only a man of honor can manage.

Gary Diana is my real name. See. I am not afraid to say what I mean and do it openly.
    New around here? Yeah, but not new to forum, especially gun forums in general.

PROteq in Brazil, Pop by and we can meet in person some day and you can talk to me like this to my face.
    That. or we can act like regular people an d see if it really was a misunderstanding or not.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Face it, it wasn't a friendly question. But then I knew you would pretend it was, that's how it works on forums. It's the anonymous nature that brings out the best in people I guess, makes them act like they are only the finest, mist honorable folks when challenged.

You wanted to bash the place, not try it out. But I am sure you know this deep down, admitting it is the trick only a man of honor can manage.

Gary Diana is my real name. See. I am not afraid to say what I mean and do it openly.

PROteq in Brazil, Pop by and we can meet in person some day and you can talk to me like this to my face.
    That. or we can act like regular people an d see if it really was a misunderstanding or not.

I honestly did want to know what range it was so I could look it up and see if it was some dudes back yard, or if it was an actual range that anyone could go to, since you had said, "...$20/year fee so it doesn't matter if he wants to sell the brass to make up the cost of letting me shoot there so inexpensively."

I had looked them up the other night, after you had told me that I had to go through your old posts to find the name of the place, instead of just answering the question with "PROteq in Brazil." And straight form the rule book it says that you aren't allowed to take out of the bins labeled for brass, it doesn't say that you can't collect others brass if you ask them.

It looks like a well run place that cares about its facilities and customers. I may have to check it out sometime.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Ask Don for yourself, I did. He asked that the brass go into the bins rather than my taking it from even those who say I can.
    He stated that it helps him recoup the costs that the due don't cover which are considerable.

It is a well run place and Don is a great guy, I don't mind abiding by his wishes. You may do as you please.
    Would you like to met there some time? You can be my guest that day since this is also a requirement for you to shoot there.

If so, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to meet you there. I am sure that once you meet me you will find this is a misunderstanding.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County

:bat:
    With quick tempers like this at a range I think I'd pass.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I just hate it when Others will shoot 10 - 15 rds then clean up the hole place. I just wanna smack them.

Leave my **** ALONE. but if they do that I get to scavanage throught the bucket. Shhhh!!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    :bat:
    With quick tempers like this at a range I think I'd pass.

right, never had a bad day? I guess it must be nice to be a saint.

Me, I am sorry I read this wrong and acted like I did.

Ev en if I got angry with you at the range, shooting you? Is that how you would do it? I haven't even drawn my carry piece yet and I have been angry a few times when I had it with me.
    I guess it doesn't occur to me to start shooting when ai am angry at folks, in fact I don't even start hitting folks. I usually just walk away.

Lastly, I didn't invite you, did I?

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I usually ask the people in the imediate vacinity if they reload and if they care if I collect their brass. So long as you aren't picking up others brass with out their permission it should be cool.

Now scavaging through the brass bins after people have deposited their brass in there, may get you a talking to by the RSO. I have asked up at Atterbury and they don't seem to mind if you take some out of the bins, or collect from in front of the shooting benches (during a cease fire ONLY), so long as you aren't picking through it for hours and only going to the range so you can collect brass, or emptying the entire bucket into your range bag.

Mainly be respectful of other people on the range and the RSO's. Give other people the opportunity to collect their brass first, before you start sweeping it up. And always ask before you sweep up someone else's brass, don't assume that they aren't collecting it.

ETA: Don't worry about sorting it at the range if it's busy, or you are going to cause a hold up during a cease fire. Just collect it, bring it home and sort it later.
    I do this, I also pick up brass I dont use and give it to the other reloaders there so it helps them out a bit, and they usually return the favor

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Apparently not yours so why do you give a :poop:?

I am fine with it, so I abide by it.

I get a lot of other good stuff for the measly $20/year fee so it doesn't matter if he wants to sell the brass to make up the cost of letting me shoot there so inexpensively. He provides the targets, the staples and staplers, covered shooting lines, tarps are staked out to make finding your brass easy and he maintains well made standards to hold the targets up as well. There are others but those come to mind and are my most used, the place is nice and has a 400 yard rifle range which I like too.

Go look for my intro if you really need the name of the place.

that wasn't hard mister i've started 6 threads and only have 125 posts..
    here is your INTRO
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._greetings/272140-hello_from_terre_haute.html
    and your rude comment isn't needed :D

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I had a guys 45 land in my rifle bag yesterday at Roush and gave it to him. I try not to take more than I bring. I fired 10 rounds of .223 and 3 rounds of 5.56. I left with 13 cases.

I get really pissed at people who scoop up my brass without asking. My wife does as well. There were a couple guys that were stealing our brass as soon as it hit the ground, it was my wife's birthday and she let them know she was mad. It was awesome.

Keep your hands off my brass :)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a guys 45 land in my rifle bag yesterday at Roush and gave it to him. I try not to take more than I bring. I fired 10 rounds of .223 and 3 rounds of 5.56. I left with 13 cases.

I get really pissed at people who scoop up my brass without asking. My wife does as well. There were a couple guys that were stealing our brass as soon as it hit the ground, it was my wife's birthday and she let them know she was mad. It was awesome.

Keep your hands off my brass :)

Other than having your brass stolen, was it a good day there ? I have only been down there once since all the craziness started (maybe 4 weeks ago), and it was packed ! It appeared many noobs showed up not knowing basic safety, few shooters stealing brass, shooters standing on the wrong side of the table coon fingering their guns, ect.....

I have always enjoyed Roush... It is very friendly to reloaders... Being it's mostly on concrete, makes finding your brass easier... Also, maybe it's changed since the shortages, but I have always felt if you asked nicely, they would sell you brass at a very reasonable price...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yesterday was a great visit. About 5 lanes filled at most when I got there, and about 10 tops when I left. not busy at all, and nobody was there stealing brass :)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yesterday was a great visit. About 5 lanes filled at most when I got there, and about 10 tops when I left. not busy at all, and nobody was there stealing brass :)

Surprising from what I saw 4 weeks ago... Maybe most ran themselves out of ammo.... 4 weeks ago, you wouldn't of thought there was a ammo availabilty issue...

Will be interesting to see how busy they are come nicer weather if things don't start to free up...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    that wasn't hard mister i've started 6 threads and only have 125 posts..
    here is your INTRO
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._greetings/272140-hello_from_terre_haute.html
    and your rude comment isn't needed :D

when were you even part of this? See it is the whole pile on thing that can only make it worse, not better.

Mister. Read the PM I sent you and do as I asked.

At this point I have apologized to the original person I offended and not even gotten a response which is typical.

As for the Piler's, I had my piles removed so if you want to join those in the medical waste bin, you'll feel right at home.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    when were you even part of this? See it is the whole pile on thing that can only make it worse, not better.

Mister. Read the PM I sent you and do as I asked.

your PM stated that I wasn't part of this and I needed to butt out.. however, I do believe we're on a public forum and I do not need to ask for your permission to post my .02.

oh and to top it off your PUBLIC PROFILE says you're 50 years of age.. your post say you're 15 years of age..
    i'll butt out when you grow up..

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    and you as a person who seeks trouble then hides behind the anonymity of the internet only prove what I said earlier about the nature of all forums, it brings out the worst in folks like you.

Have a good on Mister, I guess you are around 20 at best. You act it too. You'll be lucky to make 50 if you keep seeking trouble too.

Gary is done with this :poop: so rave on McDuff.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    and you as a person who seeks trouble then hides behind the anonymity of the internet only prove what I said earlier about the nature of all forums, it brings out the worst in folks like you.

Have a good on Mister, I guess you are around 20 at best. You act it too. You'll be lucky to make 50 if you keep seeking trouble too.

Gary is done with this :poop: so rave on McDuff.

:gheyhi:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Ask Don for yourself, I did. He asked that the brass go into the bins rather than my taking it from even those who say I can.
    He stated that it helps him recoup the costs that the due don't cover which are considerable.

It is a well run place and Don is a great guy, I don't mind abiding by his wishes. You may do as you please.
    Would you like to met there some time? You can be my guest that day since this is also a requirement for you to shoot there.

If so, shoot me a PM and I will be happy to meet you there. I am sure that once you meet me you will find this is a misunderstanding.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe sometime when I can nail down a time to go shooting, that I have more than about an hours notice i will hit you up on that. I usually don't get to plan things too far out in advance right now, one of the downfalls of being a single full time dad. So it usually ends up that I am scrambling to get my gear together after I realize, "hey I have the next 4 hours free, I'm going shooting."

<snip>
    At this point I have apologized to the original person I offended and not even gotten a response which is typical.
    <snip>

Again, see above, I am sorry that it took me 20 hours to respond here.

Top Bottom