• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    LOVE mine!!! I'm sooooo much more accurate with it than my other guns in comparable size. Just a smidge larger to carry than my xds or shield but shoots far better. I've considered selling it a couple times because its really just too nice to carry and it stays in the safe with an occasional range trip. Everytime I shoot it though, I say naaaahhh, I can't sell this. Shoots too darn good.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I wanted an EMP for awhile. I finally pulled the trigger about 2 weeks ago at Bradis. I like the looks, size and caliber. It's pretty accurate, especially for having such a short barrel.
    The pistol has a nice trigger with .040 take up and the trigger breaks crisp right at 4 pounds with no noticeable over travel. I measured both because it seemed like a lot of take up. I was wrong, it's just smooth.
    The bad.
    The pistol has been plagued with FTE's and stove pipes. I already emailed Springfield and it will be going back to them. I wanted to give it a chance to break in and I've put 400 rounds thru it. Last time out on Saturday I fired 100 rounds and had 4 FTE's. That is the best it had performed in one outing but no where near what I would expect from a plus $1000 handgun. I've had the malfunctions with all three mags and I've used WWB ammo almost exclusively. 147 grain JHP's turned the pistol into a single shot.
    I've been told that Springfield has great customer service and I suppose I'll be putting it to the test. I'm sure the pistol will be running smoothly at some point. It is somewhat frustrating that I'll have to deal with shipping, but I plan on keeping this pistol for the long run. Everything will be worked out one way or another.
    I'll give an update after it is returned to me.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I got one a few years ago, for the wifey.
    We shot it and had lots of stovepipes and ftes.
    Put it back in the safe. A month or so ago, decided to sell it, so thought I would put a few mags through it so I could be honest about the functionality.

This time, no malfunctions except fail to lock on 2 of the 3 mags.
    Assuming it was the ammo used, further testing is required. Plus the wifey doesnt want the pistol sold cause its cute.

I have a link here somewhere about a fellow who mods these EMP mags so they are flush by cutting off the bottom of the mag and the extended bumper, and welding on a new floorplate while keeping the same spring. Not only does it supposedly aid in the fail to lock issues that lots of folks are having with these pistols, but the mag sits flush.

I may have to send my mags in, though maybe some Wolfe springs are in order first.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    I have one of those mags. A guy on 1911forum did it for me a couple years back. VERY nice to conceal with that magazine. I believe its a must do mod to one of the mags. As far as reliablity, mine has been great. My parents said they were were having some issues once but it was working fine for me. I ended up sending it to springfield anyway. I had overtightened the screw in the trigger trying to take out all of the slack. So it was my fault really. their customer service was supurb and they had it back to me within 10 days of sending it in. I couldn't have been happier with springfield. I was wanting a single sided safety put in while it was there and they said I'd have to pay for the shipping both ways (even though they already had it in house). I can understand that I guess bc people could say something was wrong with the gun just to save on custom work. Oh well though. Its an amazing pistol and I thought springfield had all the bugs worked out of them. Gander in Lafayette has one in stock for $1399 :laugh:.

Top Bottom