• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :rockwoot:Mine is on the way from Mooney's. Thanks IDCC!

I've drug out the trainer. I gotta get my left thumb trained to go where it wont get damaged.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    ya copy it and put the clip on upside down cold steel wouldnt be so shoddy damb american craftmanship lol :) ping yong the chinese orphan making cold steel knives wouldnt get any gruel tonight if he screwd up like that lol

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    just funnin you guys who appreciate chinese craftmanship in so many posts then admit with your pocket book that american knives are superior :)

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's okay. I got dinged from someone not involved in this thread. I am glad they know the patent right and trademark laws so well. I just happen to be a ground floor member of the AKTI but there is no honor among thieves...

Just looked at his avatar too! His got the thin blue line as it. Wow!

Beware...the trolls are among us. I haven't been to this site for a looooong time because of stuff like this. Makes me remember why I quit.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    dave,

you should expect no less. anyone who thinks its ok to steal something is OF COURSE going to give their support to another thief. birds of a feather.

and i agree with BearArms statement, as this: to "copy" something for your personal use is fine. you mod your spyderco to wave open: cool. just saved yourself alot of bank. copy something and sell it, as this case, to profit off someone else's property (the Wave is EE property, check the patten) then your a SB.

we have had this fight before. as a custom maker, if a customer asked me to BLATANTLY COPY another makers work, i won't do it. it gets asked alot. now, if a customer asks about a FEATURE, then i am straight forward: the knife will not look like that maker and i will get permisson to use THAT feature on THEIR knife (most makers don't care, as long as the credit is given for the origin of the design aspect). now, there are some makers who will tell you "use it as much as you want!" and that is very cool. do these guys have pattens or trademarks on certian things? no. that stuff costs alot of $$$ to defend. not something an average maker can afford to do. so some "companies" and "makers" take advantage and steal everything they can. example above. ernie doesn't let makers use the wave. i know of 1 person who is ok'd to use the wave feature, outside of emerson and spyderco.

case example: i was asked by a customer to make a Razel. now, a Razel is isn't something which was never made before the Graham Brothers did it. its a simple blade shape, but VERY recognized as a Graham knife. so, i called Jon and asked him to use the shape. not because i HAD to, but because he has been BUSTING his to promote the Razel shape for 5 years. i am NOT going to ride coat tails and not give credit. HE put in the leg work, so HE gets the nod when i post pics.

its just the right thing to do.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Cubby once again you show you are not just a craftsman of fine steel but also a fine crafter of thoughts. I tease and prod at alot of these guys and admit I can be an old grump. I often dont express myself as well as I wish to. I dont like supporting china at all, but more so I will not support those who profit from the intelectual property of others. To give support to those who do is to condone thievery. I vote with my $ and if that means I dont have all the newest toys so be it. I buy Emerson because I like HIS wave feature and want to support him not someone stealing from him. I would love to own I knife made by Cubby because I know it would be a great piece of steel and it would be BY CUBBY not some dude in a sweat shop knocking off a Cubby design.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Cubby once again you show you are not just a craftsman of fine steel but also a fine crafter of thoughts. I tease and prod at alot of these guys and admit I can be an old grump. I often dont express myself as well as I wish to. I dont like supporting china at all, but more so I will not support those who profit from the intelectual property of others. To give support to those who do is to condone thievery. I vote with my $ and if that means I dont have all the newest toys so be it. I buy Emerson because I like HIS wave feature and want to support him not someone stealing from him. I would love to own I knife made by Cubby because I know it would be a great piece of steel and it would be BY CUBBY not some dude in a sweat shop knocking off a Cubby design.

whatever! you are just another cold steel hater because you some other guys on other forums being meanies to LT. my $150 cold steel knife is da bomb and the AUS8 steel is WAY better than anything emerson could come up with and it costs way less. so take your hate for idea stealing genius like LT and cold steel somewhere else! now I'm going to watch glee.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looky what the mail lady brought me today:
    2010-10-02_20-21-15_131.jpg

Finally, the set is complete.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    That's okay. I got dinged from someone not involved in this thread. I am glad they know the patent right and trademark laws so well. I just happen to be a ground floor member of the AKTI but there is no honor among thieves...

Just looked at his avatar too! His got the thin blue line as it. Wow!

Beware...the trolls are among us. I haven't been to this site for a looooong time because of stuff like this. Makes me remember why I quit.

The reason I dinged is beacause you had nothing positive to contribute to this thread. And IMO if someone wants to make their own knife for their own personal use(not for resale) then they can include whatever features they want. Copyright or not.

Funny, responses like yours are the reasons why I dont post much on this site.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The reason I dinged is beacause you had nothing positive to contribute to this thread. And IMO if someone wants to make their own knife for their own personal use(not for resale) then they can include whatever features they want. Copyright or not.

funny.

the maker made and sold THAT KNIFE to make money.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

daves post was a very POSITIVE contribution to people who make a living in the knife industry.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I still stand by my statement. What you make in your own shop/garage is your own, regardless if you use features from other knives, as long as its for your personal use and not for resale.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I still stand by my statement. What you make in your own shop/garage is your own, regardless if you use features from other knives, as long as its for your personal use and not for resale.

i am not dinging anyone. just a heads up kokomodave is a knifeaholic and knows his stuff. he has forgotten more about blades then most of us know. and i think what he is trying to get at is the op for that custom krambit didn't make it. he bought it from a custom maker, who made it and sold it for a profit, which means he stole the wave design from emerson and used it to make a very similar product as they do just a bit more flashy.

i like the custom knife (for all we know the custom maker may have cleared it with emerson like spyderco did and just forgot to put the trademark on it :) ) and i love emerson's karambit. either way differing opinions shouldn't stop people from posting thats what the intraweb is all about isn't it

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN

see. you are excluding facts from THIS discussion in your statement. THE MAKER STOLE A PATTENED FEATURE AND PRODUCED A PRODUCT WITH THAT FEATURE TO MAKE HIMSELF MORE MONEY!!!!!

if you are going to ding people, have the facts correct. your opinion on making something for your personal use i completely agree with. but you dinged Dave for speaking out againest someone STEALING to make money. you say it yourself, above "as long as its for personal use and not resale". this is NOT A PERSONAL USE CASE!

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    see. you are excluding facts from THIS discussion in your statement. THE MAKER STOLE A PATTENED FEATURE AND PRODUCED A PRODUCT WITH THAT FEATURE TO MAKE HIMSELF MORE MONEY!!!!!

if you are going to ding people, have the facts correct. your opinion on making something for your personal use i completely agree with. but you dinged Dave for speaking out againest someone STEALING to make money. you say it yourself, above "as long as its for personal use and not resale". this is NOT A PERSONAL USE CASE!

I guess I misunderstood the post by the owner of the knife. When he stated that it was "my custom" I took it as he was the maker. My apologies.

Kokomo, I am man enough to admit a mistake, but I do not appreciate being likened to a thief. I will add positive rep when i can.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I guess I misunderstood the post by the owner of the knife. When he stated that it was "my custom" I took it as he was the maker. My apologies.

Kokomo, I am man enough to admit a mistake, but I do not appreciate being likened to a thief. I will add positive rep when i can.

ah. i see. then i, too, apolgize. that is an honest mistake. didn't realize you took it as being a knife HE made. that would change the situation.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home

ah. i see. then i, too, apolgize. that is an honest mistake. didn't realize you took it as being a knife HE made. that would change the situation.

Is this the part where we all hug and sing camprfire songs now? :gaychase:

This supports my theory that on average "knife people" are more sensible and mature than "gun people." :ingo:

Top Bottom