• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Anyone know where I can get one of these? Everywhere I look on the internet says they are back ordered.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Highly recommend the Fox Cutlery karambit folder. It appears to be an exact copy of an Emerson and they even list the Emerson patent number on the blade, so it aint like they stole it. Can be found on ebay easily with a link to the distributor.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The karambit is an awesome cutting tool for SD, I carry my custom on a regular basis. This was made using Alabama Damascus and stabilized mammoth ivory.

kar5.jpg

kar4.jpg

kar2.jpg

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    The karambit is an awesome cutting tool for SD, I carry my custom on a regular basis. This was made using Alabama Damascus and stabilized mammoth ivory.

kar5.jpg

kar4.jpg

kar2.jpg

Will you quit showing this thing off so much people are getting jealous! Nice looking knife. Anyone ever consider the fixed blade version of the emerson karambit? Seem to be easier to find.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Indiana knife laws do not mention fixed knives as far as carry so it shouldn't be a problem but you can still get hassled for it. And the more the knife looks like a weapon rather than just a camp knife the more likely you are to get hassled. If you do choose to go the fixed blade route I would avoid open carry and keep it and wraps as much as possible. Remember most LEO's don't know the law...just their perceptions of it or what they think it should be. So even if you are not breaking the law that doesn't mean you won't lose the knife and good luck getting it back once it leaves your possession.

Only fixed blade I carry in public is a necker, it stays hidden at all times. The karambit would be a good necker as well, the Emerson has a oal of 7.6 inches but it is a lightweight at just 6.4 ounces, more than light enough for neck wear.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have a couple HI fixed blade karambits but they are a bit to big for me to carry concealed for self defense. they are awesome knifes though. i am looking for this emerson karambit also. hopefully soon they will be on the market again

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Indiana knife laws do not mention fixed knives as far as carry so it shouldn't be a problem but you can still get hassled for it. And the more the knife looks like a weapon rather than just a camp knife the more likely you are to get hassled. If you do choose to go the fixed blade route I would avoid open carry and keep it and wraps as much as possible. Remember most LEO's don't know the law...just their perceptions of it or what they think it should be. So even if you are not breaking the law that doesn't mean you won't lose the knife and good luck getting it back once it leaves your possession.

Only fixed blade I carry in public is a necker, it stays hidden at all times. The karambit would be a good necker as well, the Emerson has a oal of 7.6 inches but it is a lightweight at just 6.4 ounces, more than light enough for neck wear.

If I get hasseled I'm gonna guess it'd be for the gun bulging under my shirt not the knife flat against my weak side. The last thing I consider when looking at an SD tool is how comfortable the cops are gonna be if they see it. And in Indiana, yes you can carry a fixed blade all day long and 2 on sundays. Kinda like being able to carry a shotgun around but needing a permit to carry a pistol. You can carry a 10" fixed blade, but a 3 in. "auto" is illegal.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Good for you friend. You apparently got the last one. I just tried to buy and got a pop-up window saying the quantity I requested (1) was unavailable.

I just went through the ordering motions short of entering my CC# again and didnt get that message:dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just went through the ordering motions short of entering my CC# again and didnt get that message:dunno:

I don't get it either. I click the "buy" button on the knife page, still getting the same unavailable window. I signed up for an account and got as far as the CC# too. I need to verify stock. I'll call them tomorrow.

Got a link to the AR15 coupon code for free shipping?

Thanks again.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    kar5.jpg

Whoever did that did an excellent job but copying the Wave Like Feature was not cool. Trademark and patent infringement.

Top Bottom