Emergency Vehicle Speeding to... the MALL?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Pretty sure it's not a Conservation Officer, their trucks are all black or green and have a spotlight and a copy of the patch on the door. I've never seen a white truck in their ranks, and I also believe they use a DNR plate. As for the driver, it kinda looks like there is a patch on his sleeve, but it could be a sticker on the window. The shape of that object does not match the shape of a CO patch, nor is the jacket the right color.

I'd have to speculate that it might be some one in EMS.

As for "silent runs-" there's no such thing in IN law condoning it. It's either "hot or not." Not to say it doesn't happen, and there are times where usage of emergency equipment does not make for a tactical approach, but you either operate within the law or you don't. There have been plenty of times that I've had to roll hot, but, dependent on the run, shut it down around the corner to give me time to get my head right and make the proper approach. An extra 30ish seconds (in most cases, mind you, not all) doesn't hurt the outcome of the incident.

As for this guy and the specified details, it doesn't sound like this guy was doing it right....

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'll share mine. Saturday the wife and I were headed home from Harbor Freight in Castelton back to our place in boone county. We were following traffic and around Keystone a white marked Crown Victoria from Brookston came flying up on everyone. We were running about 68 in a 55 with traffic and he caught all of us like we were sitting still. As he passes us he's in street clothes, with a woman in thepassenger seat and a child's car seat in the back seat. He takes off, no lights or sirens running a little over 90mph on 465. We followed as best we could trying to get close enough to get his plate number. As we get to Michigan road, he runs 3 lanes without signalling, almost running one car off onto the should and tailgated the car in front of him (less than 4 feet off the other car's bumper) and took the exit. I snapped a pic of the guy in the car and the information.

Called it in to the Brookston police dept with a "We'll check into it" and that's it. They weren't interested in taking my information or getting back to me on the matter.

Look, I have the utmost respect for LEO's. I've known more than a few over the years and respect the job they do and the danger they put themselves into every day. I also feel that the majority are good guys trying to do their job to the best of their abilities. But this type of behavior is completely unacceptable. If I was going 90+, weaving through traffic running cars off the road I'd be in jail. No if's, an's or but's.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I knew a lady at church once who was a corrections officer (this was back in IL). She was on her way to a conference out in Kansas or something with her boss and some co-workers. He had a marked car, she was driving an unmarked DOC vehicle. She got pulled over doing 90 in a 70 and tried to get out of it because she was a police officer. The officer who pulled her over said she wasn't in a marked car. She persisted, showing her badge, pointing out that the previous car she was following was a marked car, explained she was on her way to a police convention of some sort. The Officer (to his credit) still ticketed her (though I am disappointed he let the marked car get away with it). She was incredulous. She kept trying to explain to me how unfair it was........I did not agree.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I smell a "Dear Chief" letter...seriously though, these are the things about LE that I hate. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should. The department I worked for was STRICT about officer conduct while on duty. We did not have take homes, so mall trips were never an issue. However, while on duty we had to ALWAYS wear our seat belts, those who smoked were not allowed to do so in squad cars, and unless we were running "code" we had to abide by all rules of the road. Not sure why it should be any different for other officers/departments. It's a fishbowl, someone is ALWAYS watching you...as the OP and picture substantiate.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    post the plate number

you took the time to witness their reckless action and post here. why not follow through and let people know who is acting recklessly with a taxpayer funded vehicle.

you could also call the news and let them know. provide them with the info and let them follow through.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Reminds me of the NIGHTLY , Burger King runs from West Lafayette to Oxford by the Benton County Sheriffs Dept. (many years ago) I think they stopped when enough people had witnessed them and finally complained. Them boys up there do pretty much what they want to though. Which is why I live down here across the County line. ( with one of the finest and most upstanding Sheriffs Departments I know of).

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Yep...post the plate number and any other identifying markings on the car...like numbers on the rear bumper, roof, etc. Even better...post the entire video as well, please?

I would like clarification on one thing, however...the guy is driving like a maniac through parts of 3 counties...yet you're able to keep up with him by traveling at speeds in excess of 80 mph while you're busy video taping it...it seems to me we have more than one guilty party here. How many people did you endanger by doing this? :twocents:

Don't get me wrong...he needs to be held responsible for his actions no matter who he works for...I'm just a bit bewildered I guess. :n00b:

I have been waiting for this exact post. I didn't have to drive 80 to keep up with him. He would run into traffic and get held up. I only tried to pace him the one time and then backed off because he was doing 90-95. Then there is something called the greater good. The only way I could report him was to get a plate number to ensure he didn't risk more than the 30 lives he did that day. And he was reported.... twice. Setting an Iphone on the perfectly flat dash of a Hummer takes little skill or distraction. So you assumed several things that were not correct.

Let's not turn this into an LEO bashing thread. I didn't mean it to end up that way. We all know the deal on tickets. If it was about SAFETY traffic patrol cars would be bright orange and would have their lights on all the time to warn would be speeders and such. When they start trading Honda Civics with other counties to hide their presence it's only about REVENUE. One only has to look at the money making DEFERRAL programs to figure that out. The guys on the street don't make those decisions.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Well, if they've both got EVOC training, then I don't see what the big deal is.

:dunno: :):

I complain here because this is a FORUUUUMMMMMM...... that's what people DOOOOOooooo Heeeeeeeeere.

I think he has IVOC, not EVOC.... The Idiot Vehicle Operator Course. :):

I wrote the plate number on my hand. It was given to 2 different dispatchers.

Top Bottom