• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I decided to email my local Sheriff to see if he would be willing to tell me his stance on the potential 2A violations we are about to see, I also informed him of recent actions other Sheriff's have taken to protect their constituents. I hope he replies but I don't know or have much hope he will. It might be a positive thing for us to email our local Sheriff's and let them know that they have our support and backing. I know others have posted on their powers and trying to get them at least be aware but sometimes I think just letting them know we support them might make them sit in a more positive frame of mind.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mine is on his way to the ISP as the new super. Need to figure out who to communicate with in Hamilton County.

You're talking about Mark Bowen?

I just sent him this email:

Sheriff,
    I am writing with great concern about what is about to happen to our gun rights.

I would like you defend us against those who would take away our rights codified in the Constitution. Please join other sheriffs around the country such as Sheriff Tim Mueller, Sheriff Scott Berry and Sheriff Denny Peyman in protecting us from an oppressive federal government. Please read the attached letter.

I would like to hear you say that you will stand with us. It is time to start exercising the 10th amendment. Please call or email me if you would like to discuss this more.

Regards,
    Henktermaat

Image attachment: please save and attach this to your emails to your sheriffs.
    qAfFz.jpg

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    YAY!

This is the email response from my county Sheriff. I can't believe he responded so fast, must be lurking here on INGO.

Pete and Jim, I understand your concerns about Executive Orders coming out of the White House. Our President apparently feels he does not need Congress in order to dictate laws. I totally disagree with his premise. I believe in the Constitution of the United States and the rights given to each of us as citizens of this country. Gun control is not the answer to violent crime in the United States. Guns do not commit crimes but are often a tool used by criminals. As a country, we have become very soft on crime blaming a variety of circumstances for the acts of crime rather than the individual who actually performed the criminal act. We have failed as a society to deal with those who have mental/emotional issues. All of our state supported mental hospitals have either been closed or are now operating with skeleton staff due to cost cutting measures by state government. Families of those who have mental problems look the other way rather than trying to obtain help for them. Mass shootings have been perpetrated by individuals in the past few years with obvious psychological problems. However, the media does not talk about this either on television or in the newspapers. The only thing they focus on is the type of weapon used during the shootings. Another issue that should be addressed at the national, state and local government levels is the drug problem. Many of the individuals who are having psychological problems are self induced by the illegal use of drugs. This is a national problem.
    I apologize for the rambling statement but want you to know my opinion, which is the opinion of someone who has been in law enforcement for almost 43 years. I do not foresee the federal government removing legally owned weapons from private citizens. The 2nd Amendment is clear. Some states will pass laws and perhaps Congress will pass laws that make it more difficult for the private citizen to purchase weapons and ammunition. In my opinion, there are already adequate laws on the books which prohibit convicted felons and mentally ill individuals from purchasing weapons. However, convicted felons don’t always abide by the law and neither do those who have psychological and emotional problems. In conclusion, I stand with the citizens and the constitution on this issue. Hope this response in satisfactory to both of you.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    This is a fascinating situation. We're asking our local Sheriffs to protect our rights from our federal government. I'm pleased to see some of them standing up and saying they'll do it, too! That's one reason I think it is good to have at least someone in law enforcement in a directly elected position.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I edited the letter some and sent it to Sheriff Campbell (Boone County).

I for one mentioned that "as our Sheriff, I believe that you have the authority of protecting citizens here in Boone County against federal intervention and federal criminality."

As I recall my dad telling me years ago, the County Sheriff is the most powerful office and can decide to allow federal agents to operate or not in their counties.

Top Bottom