Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And why are they losing customers?
    I'm sure there are multiple reasons, such as.. more platforms available.
    But, one of the reasons could be... people unhappy with their programming.
    People are unhappy because a lot of it just sucks, not because it's woke. I can ignore what I disagree with if there's something good on there.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds similar to what happened at my company. Shareholders like the idea of making the money selling the stock and force the board to do it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It does look like it's actually going to happen.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    From a BBC article:

" 'Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,' Mr Musk said in a statement announcing the deal.​

"I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans," he added.​
    "Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."​
    Bret Taylor, chair of Twitter's board, said it had full assessed Mr Musk's offer and it was "the best path forward for Twitter's stockholders".​
    Under the deal, which is expected to close later this year, Twitter's shares will be delisted and it will be taken private.​
    Mr Musk has suggested this will give him freedom to make the changes he wants to the business."​
    The most exciting things in the above to me, are first open sourcing the algorithm (essentially allowing the product to see behind the curtain), second taking the business private (if I were Mr. Musk, I would reject section 230 protections and claim common carrier status), and third and probably the most important "Authenticating all humans". Make people post under their actual name in a manner in which they can be identified, and behavior will change.

If a few of the usual suspects are sued for libel and lose, they will throttle down the lies and distortions.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Loss of anonymity may tank the platform, sadly. Anonymous speech is free speech. Making everyone submit ID for the convenience of the cancel mob isn't going to encourage free speech, it's going to destroy it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Loss of anonymity may tank the platform, sadly. Anonymous speech is free speech. Making everyone submit ID for the convenience of the cancel mob isn't going to encourage free speech, it's going to destroy it.
    This cuts both ways, so I see no issue with it. As for being "canceled", it's not like they could get someone kicked off of Twitter.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Yeah if this is actually the case this will be even worse than it already is.

Folks tend to forget the first rule of the internet. Never post your real name or details online, for any reason.

The radical left has protections via politicians and powerful interests groups, it's the right that will be harmed the most from lack of anonymity.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So...... now can I get on twitter and tell obiden to GTH?

Can I tell shannon watts to go **** herself?

Where do I sign up?

Top Bottom