• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zerowolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Southside Indy
    I have been a regular customer for several years. I get a discount on the prices because of that. Russ, Jason, George and the rest of the crew are very helpful. I have purchased
    at least 50 guns from them in the last 10 years.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Most of the guns I buy are used, and I've always found Elmore's to be reasonable on used guns. I think they'd rather move them and make a modest profit than hold on for top dollar.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Would you be willing to elaborate on this? Just curious as I have had excellent experiences there. Thus far.

A few of the guys there can be pretty opinionated and unhelpful. But you get a feel quickly for who is helpful and who is just a bad@$$ is their own bath tub.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you consider $100.50 p-mags reasonable, yes, they are quite reasonable.

In fairness, most of their gun prices are ok for the Indy area, nothing to write home to Mom about, but reasonable. I have always been able to beat their prices at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville or Buds and then transferring through Beech Grove Firearms, though.

If you can put up with the cigar smoke, crankiness of some of the employees, and that tiny strip of a parking lot (don't drive an extended cab long bed truck unless you like making 17 point turns), they are ok. Personally, its not worth it to me and I won't step foot through their door again.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Nothing but good things to report from Elmores. If I need work on my AR, I got to them. They are the only ones I trust besides me to work on it. I have bought an USPc 9, S&W 625JM, M1A Loaded and misc. gear from them all in the past year. They are the only place I will stop at when I'm in the Indy area. Granted you have to get to know them and especially be very knowledgeable in firearms or you will be probably be made fun of. It doesn't bother me, but it seems to ruffle other's feathers. I bought all the above firearms at fantastic prices btw. Nobody could match their price.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ironically I just left there, needing to talk with one of their reps and as someone above posted, the shop reeked of cigarette smoke. Still, aside from that awful stench I have nothing negative to say about them.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Ive bought an XDM from them about a year ago and when i did I also rolled on 2K rounds of .45acp ammo, extra mags, holster, and 1K rounds of 7.62X39. they knocked money off seeing as how it was a large purchase. ($2100 all said and done) They will help you if you ask, the better they know you, the more they will help you. I personally like to go in with a gun on my mind and see what they say about them. They are honest men, they will tell the truth. Not just to seel a gun but to make sure your happy.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I agree that their prices are competitive and that they usually have a better selection, especially of higher-end guns, than any other Indy gunshop. My advice....don't get there within the 1st hour they are open, don't get there within the last hour they are open, and, if he is there, ask for Jason.

i highly second this. Jason and Russ (the owner i believe) are some good, very knowledgeable people when it comes to all things firearms!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Southwest of Indy
    I've never bought a gun from Elmore's, but they did build up my .45 race gun several years ago. Russ does excellent work and I couldn't have been happier with the finished product! Gunsmithing prices were quite reasonable too.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    If you consider $100.50 p-mags reasonable, yes, they are quite reasonable.

In fairness, most of their gun prices are ok for the Indy area, nothing to write home to Mom about, but reasonable. I have always been able to beat their prices at Orion Arms in Jeffersonville or Buds and then transferring through Beech Grove Firearms, though.

If you can put up with the cigar smoke, crankiness of some of the employees, and that tiny strip of a parking lot (don't drive an extended cab long bed truck unless you like making 17 point turns), they are ok. Personally, its not worth it to me and I won't step foot through their door again.

Yo - the pmags are only $60 now, just saw them today so stock up.

Also, the last paragraph also describes Plainfield Shooting Supplies (except it's cigarette smoke of course) which is cooooool. HEY they didn't make you buy the pickup hahaha.

Top Bottom