• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I just heard we are done with him in months as a congressman, and he will not be our senator.

I am very happy at his loss, I know that from knowing him!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    IN - Senate

(12%) Reporting

Races Winner Candidate Party Votes %
    tracker-icon-check.gif

Dan Coats Republican 132,808 56%
    Brad Ellsworth Democrat 91,572 38%
    Rebecca Sink-Burris Libertarian 13,792 6%

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    slow down, keep in mind that the Evansville area is an hour behind and has not reported yet. Brad is an Evansville native.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    the **er did not represent the wishes of his district of which I am one. Then when he took the payoff from bayh into a certain to lose race (after the betrayal) it showed his greed and his naivety good riddance please move to nyc or san fran where he'll fit just fine.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    only 6% for Rebecca... *sigh** :faint:
    For a non-R-or-D candidate that wasn't even a blip on the pre-election polls 6% is better than I figured. I would have liked for more, but hopefully this puts her in a better position if she chooses to run again in the future. In a way I'm kind of glad she doesn't seem to have split the R's too badly and hand the election to Ellsworth.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Happy Brad did not win. Not happy that Dan won. That's why I voted for Rebeca. I knew Dan had it, and I sure the hell was not going to vote for that anti 2a douche bag.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

That's better than I thought she'd do... especially since so far as I know she didn't actually campaign. Don't recall seeing a single ad, a single sign anywhere. Nobody knew who the heck she was.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Doesn't that qualify as a Libertarian Landslide Vote. I hear the Anarchist Write In Candidate scored .0001 Votes and a near Anarchist Victory here in Indiana :D

Happy Brad did not win. Not happy that Dan won. That's why I voted for Rebeca. I knew Dan had it, and I sure the hell was not going to vote for that anti 2a douche bag.

Same Here :rolleyes:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    For a non-R-or-D candidate that wasn't even a blip on the pre-election polls 6% is better than I figured. I would have liked for more, but hopefully this puts her in a better position if she chooses to run again in the future. In a way I'm kind of glad she doesn't seem to have split the R's too badly and hand the election to Ellsworth.

Chooses to run again? She ran before, did you know that? Same damn poor campaign.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The difference between growing a party, and playing ping-pong with control of the govt.

I love it when my GOP friends keep letting me know that their "Big Govt Federalist" candidates won again, and the Libertarian I supported only got 5 percent of the vote.

In 2006, Mike Kole received about 3% of the total vote in the Sec State's race. This Year, Mike Wherry received 6% of the vote. That's growth, and all we expect right now.

In 2012, the GOP will be loving the Libertarians in the Presidential. The youth vote on college campuses isn't easily swayed to the GOP because of several things, including: The perception of the religious right wanting to control their morals, the pot issue, the student's anti-war stance, etc. The Libertarian Party gives those disaffected youths a political home that is not "HOPE & CHANGE." Many of them would not have voted for the GOP because of the issues mentioned above. In a two party only system, many of them will vote against the GOP by joining with the Dems.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In 2006, Mike Kole received about 3% of the total vote in the Sec State's race. This Year, Mike Wherry received 6% of the vote. That's growth, and all we expect right now.

So then I should not lose hope that one day we can get a L into office? :dunno:

This is the 2nd time I vote for Ls as I've lost faith in the Rs being anyting good. The D's and Rs are nothing but the same in a different color. I'm feeling so bla this morning that i wonder why vote anymore.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So then I should not lose hope that one day we can get a L into office? :dunno:

This is the 2nd time I vote for Ls as I've lost faith in the Rs being anyting good. The D's and Rs are nothing but the same in a different color. I'm feeling so bla this morning that i wonder why vote anymore.

Let the feeling pass & then get back in the fight next election cycle.

Top Bottom