• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    For you guys up North, I've heard the Tipton gun shows are usually worth attending. Anyone go to these?

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I've never been to the Elkhart show, but I'm almost positive it's a GunSlinger show. If so, they're the one's that put on the Ft. Wayne shows at the old K's Merchandise store. Save your money and visit Midwest Range in Elkhart, and/or ZX in Goshen.

The Midwest Range is just down the road from the show. About 10mi to ZX.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Just left the Elkhart gun show, if your looking for C&R guns woohoo, if ur looking for $80 Glock 21 mags woohoo, lots of AR mags for $50 and up. Found the rifle I've been looking for, a Socom 2 for $3,800 no hoo. Handgun prices ok, not much to choose from though.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    C&R means curio and relic, I think the mosin nagant and other similar guns made before a certain year are included, but I'm sure somebody more knowing than I can give you a more refined explanation

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This thread kind of supports my initial thought on the Elkhart show, so I'm glad I decided not to go.
    Years ago there use to a good gun show every year at the Century Center in South Bend (yes, THAT South Bend). Was absolutely fabulous! But alas, politics won the day.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I was about to post this same thread topic as I was disappointed I didn't make it over today....thanks for saving me the time of going tomorrow! My only gun show experiences have been at the Ft. Wayne Coliseum show they run every 8 months or so when I was younger. I thought those were kind of a letdown except for accessories and "war-time" (pre 1970) firearms. Thanks for the heads up!

-Dobber

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I've been twice 2nd time really wanted to ask for my money back for getting in. In all honesty every gun slinginger promotion show i have been to. Has been horrible.I'm sure they mean well but their more like a swap meet.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    This thread kind of supports my initial thought on the Elkhart show, so I'm glad I decided not to go.
    Years ago there use to a good gun show every year at the Century Center in South Bend (yes, THAT South Bend). Was absolutely fabulous! But alas, politics won the day.

That was a Central Indiana Gunshows show. He basically moved it to Laporte.

From Midwest's Facebook page;
    "Don't waste your money on the entrance fee for the Elkhart gun show this weekend.. Use that money to buy .22 LR! We've got it in stock!"

Last edited:

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    Tipton Gun Show

For you guys up North, I've heard the Tipton gun shows are usually worth attending. Anyone go to these?
    I went last year and I really liked it, it seemed geared more to the 'collector', as it had more older militaria and older weapons 'swords, bayonets, projectiles,etc.' so I liked it. Oh ya, Civil war items were there also. Dont get me wrong it had plenty of modern items, I just paid more attention to the older items.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    Gunslingers

I've been twice 2nd time really wanted to ask for my money back for getting in. In all honesty every gun slinginger promotion show i have been to. Has been horrible.I'm sure they mean well but their more like a swap meet.
    I do not dislike any gun show, just the one I went to at the old Kays in Ft. Wayne was stupidly overpriced(even before this recent madness), I mean $650 for a totally ragged out Arisaka t99!?!:nuts:Not that the promoters have anything to do with the vender's selling price, aren't they a fairly recent promoter? But a good show if you want a t-shirt.:D

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's kind of telling that none of the local shops, less than 15 minutes away, bother showing up for this show.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Plenty busy

Last night it was plenty busy and the parking lot was full. The socom was sold. I sold I sold 800 rds of 223/5.56 for $610. Midwest doesn't do very many shows anymore so they wouldn't be here anyway. Rocket and Granger guns doesn't do shows. Until 1986 dealers weren't allowed to do sell at gunshows. Gunshows started as collector venues and have changed since then. The show at Allen county fairgrounds is a collectors show, small, but nice. CPI and Central indiana are over in the NW corner this weekend and I'm sure there will be lower prices and more dealers over that way.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    ... Midwest doesn't do very many shows anymore so they wouldn't be here anyway. Rocket and Granger guns doesn't do shows. .....
    But ZX does, just not any Gunslinger shows, which are closer.
    The show at Allen county fairgrounds is a collectors show, small, but
    nice.
    The Nappanee show is also a self promoted show, and one of the best in the area.

Top Bottom