• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The UPS man and his big brown truck just brought me a new present. Its a new sign for the cigar lounge. Its a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it sends a mighty big message.

image_zps9442c0e8.jpg

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Great sign. I just saw that in an e-mail that I got today. I'd love to get one for my office, but I'm afraid that some people would get mad and take their business elsewhere. I learned long ago to avoid pissing people off whenever possible. :D

And, FWIW, the 1101 Cigar Lounge is a GREAT place, too! Only went there once for an OC night, but not only is the proprietor a nice guy, but his selection of fine ceegars is impressive. Most places have the same stuff -- he carries some unique sticks.

I wish it was a little closer. Driving 1.5 hours for a smoke and some camaradery is a bit tiring on this old guy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Great sign. I just saw that in an e-mail that I got today. I'd love to get one for my office, but I'm afraid that some people would get mad and take their business elsewhere. I learned long ago to avoid pissing people off whenever possible. :D

And, FWIW, the 1101 Cigar Lounge is a GREAT place, too! Only went there once for an OC night, but not only is the proprietor a nice guy, but his selection of fine ceegars is impressive. Most places have the same stuff -- he carries some unique sticks.

I wish it was a little closer. Driving 1.5 hours for a smoke and some camaradery is a bit tiring on this old guy.
    Thanks for the compliments, the thing I really wish was that we had more room in the humidor, its just too darn small.

I'm looking to rearrange the store area a little too, we want to put in a poker table or domino table to increase our seating so we are looking to move some of the store shelves out to give us room for the seating.

BTW we are having another OPEN CARRY CIGAR NIGHT on Thursday Jan 17 . . . if you don't want to drive in I might be able to arrange to have someone pick you up at the Griffith Airport so you can fly in!

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    ...BTW we are having another OPEN CARRY CIGAR NIGHT on Thursday Jan 17 . . . if you don't want to drive in I might be able to arrange to have someone pick you up at the Griffith Airport so you can fly in!

Ha! Great idea. However, I went out to the hangar on Sunday to go up for a quick flight and found that the door opener was broken! Went up about 2/3 of the way and then came crashing down. Good thing I didn't have the plane halfway out. :D

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ha! Great idea. However, I went out to the hangar on Sunday to go up for a quick flight and found that the door opener was broken! Went up about 2/3 of the way and then came crashing down. Good thing I didn't have the plane halfway out. :D

I just looked you up on the Van's Air Force website, congrats on completion of your project. A buddy of mine has an RV-6 and we go flying occasionally. My borther and I are building a Velocity; maybe we'll finish it someday.

And maybe we'll fly up to melensdad's cigar lounge, sounds like an awesome place. :yesway:

/end threadjack/

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Too bad you're all the way North and I'm far to the South. Otherwise I would be stopping in for a smoke! :yesway:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Wo wo wo...what cigar shop/ lounge do u run? I will make sure to stop in next time I'm around.

Top Bottom