• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Never have eaten there, but it looks decent. When you're in D.C. I'd definitely suggest a trip to Ben's Chili Bowl for a half smoke. And maybe a trip out to Chantilly, VA (near Dulles Airport) for some BBQ at Willard's Real Pit BBQ. There are loads of good restaurants in the area to eat at. Head over to Roadfood.com and do a search for D.C. and you can get an idea from folks who've been there and reported back.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Good burger, fries are a little unique as they are fried in olive oil. When up that way though I just as soon get 96th Street on the way home

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Johnny Rockets is no great shakes as a burger joint. I'd say they're on a par with Steak and Shake. Nothing great, just a burger. Never have heard a bad word about Shake Shack, though. Folks seem to like 'em.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Didn't think about Elevation Burger being closed on Christmas Day so we didn't get in and won't be back out that way. I'll have to stop at the 1 in Indy some day. Did have Shake Shack twice. First time was the Smoke Stack and second was a Smoke Shack. The stack was a burger with a big slice of mushroom breaded with cheese and fried on top. Pretty good. The shack was burger, bacon, cherry pepper and shack sauce.

Also had a mushroom and swiss from Johnny Rockets tonight. It was really good as well. I don't know what it is with sandwiches in DC but I think it's District Law that every block have at least 3 sandwich shops on it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Made 3 different trips to Shake Shack. Definitely a good burger. Also had a really good Italian sandwich at Potbelly's in Union Station in DC. The big sandwich was $6. Size wise, it's considerably smaller than a foot long at Subway but actual weight wise, probably more food than Subway. Really liked it and thought it was a really good value for the venue.

Stopped at Elevation Burger at the Keystone Crossing mall on the way home. Thought it was on par with Shake Shack and 5 Guys burger. Fries were good too. Not going to make a trip to Indy just to get one though.

Top Bottom