• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    If there`s a place in the Forum this should have gone instead of in The Breakroom, I apologize. I looked and didn`t see anything else.

Can anyone recommend a good electrician? Like all of you, I want someone who is respectful and ok to allow into my home. Knowledgeable and good at what he does of course. Reasonably priced, but with everything the way it is anymore, that`s almost a pipe dream.

We`re in the Avon area.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I just had Ryan at Mission Electric in Pittsboro do a small outside job for me. Very nice guy and wouldn't have any issue with him in my house. He was barely less expensive of 2 quotes I received but I still thought it was on the high side. However I usually think everything is on the high side when I get work done.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I just had Ryan at Mission Electric in Pittsboro do a small outside job for me. Very nice guy and wouldn't have any issue with him in my house. He was barely less expensive of 2 quotes I received but I still thought it was on the high side. However I usually think everything is on the high side when I get work done.
    Thank you.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Just spoke with Ryan, and he`s booked through the end of summer at least. Wow. The search continues.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Bummer he was 3-4 weeks out last month. The other guy I had quote was 4-6 weeks out. It's rough trying to get things done quickly anymore.
    I'm booked through August, and depending on a time frame issue, possibly through September. That's up at 4am, and home at 9-10pm mon-fri. This goes for most electricians I know that do side jobs and are worth their salt.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I had Adam Brauman do some work for me last fall. Nice guy, very professional. Like the others he was very busy and not cheap but did good work. His number is: 317-402-0259

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If there`s a place in the Forum this should have gone instead of in The Breakroom, I apologize. I looked and didn`t see anything else.

Can anyone recommend a good electrician? Like all of you, I want someone who is respectful and ok to allow into my home. Knowledgeable and good at what he does of course. Reasonably priced, but with everything the way it is anymore, that`s almost a pipe dream.

We`re in the Avon area.
    Pick one…

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I'm booked through August, and depending on a time frame issue, possibly through September. That's up at 4am, and home at 9-10pm mon-fri. This goes for most electricians I know that do side jobs and are worth their salt.

It seems that almost anyone in the who is knowledgeable and reasonably priced is booked way out. In your opinion, are you getting booked more now than last year? Or are things opening up at all? I had assumed with the last few months of economic news that people would be cutting back on ordering new home improvement / construction jobs...

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It seems that almost anyone in the who is knowledgeable and reasonably priced is booked way out. In your opinion, are you getting booked more now than last year? Or are things opening up at all? I had assumed with the last few months of economic news that people would be cutting back on ordering new home improvement / construction jobs...
    Prices are going through the roof, and they don't seem to be slowing down. I've been told they want to knock out projects before they can't afford it anymore. I avidly stated doing side jobs last spring, so for me personally, it's a matter of my reputation growing. For others, think it's relatively the same. I'd say 3 weeks is normal.

Top Bottom