• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Can not do an audit if you have no paper trail.
    Interesting, here on the north side of Marion County at least, the machine prints out a human readable ballot that you place in the scanner yourself after it is printed.

This doesn’t seem to jive with what that article says about this county or at least the district I’ve been voting in the past few cycles.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Interesting, here on the north side of Marion County at least, the machine prints out a human readable ballot that you place in the scanner yourself after it is printed.

This doesn’t seem to jive with what that article says about this county or at least the district I’ve been voting in the past few cycles.
    Correct

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Can not do an audit if you have no paper trail.

If I'm not mistaken... I remember something about somebody was attempting to audit some machines last go round.
    Miraculously, a VBIED went off outside the warehouse they were stored, and they were all somehow destroyed.
    Gee, I wonder how that happed?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I have had a different experince voting in Indiana. Where I voted in the midterms and in 2020 no paper was produced. When I lived in Johnson county it produced a paper that you put in a box. I have never scanned my own paper.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I have had a different experince voting in Indiana. Where I voted in the midterms and in 2020 no paper was produced. When I lived in Johnson county it produced a paper that you put in a box. I have never scanned my own paper.
    Our machines print out a paper ballot with the names and a corresponding number for each of your votes that you take to a scanner. Once scanned you take the paper ballot to a separate box and place it in the slot.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I worked as an election judge in this year's primary, first time doing so. The machine would print out the votes made for review by the voter before hitting the final "vote" button that records their vote. The paper would remain in the machine till the day was over then compared to the number of votes recorded by the machine. Jim.

Added afterthought.

It was a good day, saw friends, met some new people, made a few bucks and was fed by an excellent local restaurant.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Our government has reached the point where it decides who wins certain elections. I'm still voting as I should but I have zero confidence that my vote will go toward the intended candidate.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Our voting machines print out a paper but it stays in the machine, it lets you view it and approve it through a little window.
    I wish I was more confident in our elections but lately I have to agree with the following quote.

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”​

― Mark Twain

Top Bottom