• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    YOU GO GRANDMA!

SOUTH BEND — An elderly woman held a suspect at gunpoint Sunday night until police arrived, after the man broke into her Portage Road home on the edge of South Bend's northwest side.

St. Joseph County emergency dispatch said they were called to the home about 9:20 p.m. after the woman confronted the intruder.
    The man, who has not been identified, was involved in a crash near the intersection of Brick and Portage roads. After hitting a utility pole, the man fled on foot, authorities told SBT24/7 News.
    He then broke into the nearby home — which turned out to be a big mistake.

The woman, who 911 dispatch said is in her 70s, held the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived. He was taken into custody without any further incident.
    No injuries were reported as a result of the crash or subsequent break-in.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    My barber was telling me about this incident this morning. Pretty cool. Good thing she never participated in a gun grab I mean, "buyback." Those things are designed to get guns out of the hands of people like her.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    What a great story. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at her house when the bad guy ran into her and her "protection".

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    That's an awesome article, NewsShooter.

You know what surprises me, though? This quote from the sheriff:
    "He was a little combative at first," explains Sgt. Bill Redman, St. Joseph County Sheriff Department. "The officers had to wrestle with him to get him to comply with their orders. He didn't mess with the homeowner though."

I'm struggling with this.. was it (not messing with the homeowner) the unexpected resistance from an easy-victim stereotype? was it because her determination was questionable (or maybe NOT questionable???)? was the sudden struggle with police because he was afraid of going to jail? the public humiliation? or did he feel he'd have an easier time getting away from several armed police officers? This is one of those moments I wish I could get inside people's heads and see what they're thinking...

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis

I'm struggling with this.. was it (not messing with the homeowner) the unexpected resistance from an easy-victim stereotype? was it because her determination was questionable (or maybe NOT questionable???)? was the sudden struggle with police because he was afraid of going to jail? the public humiliation? or did he feel he'd have an easier time getting away from several armed police officers? This is one of those moments I wish I could get inside people's heads and see what they're thinking...

uhh....there arent many people in this world i was scared of more than my grandma when she was angry. cops are sweethearts compared to my angry Grandma Ann. YOU KNOW that a grandma with a gun means serious business.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    granny-gun1.jpg

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

I think he knew the police wouldn't shoot him, Grandma may have been another story altogether.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I think he knew the police wouldn't shoot him, Grandma may have been another story altogether.

That is exactly how he felt.

I get teary eyed and filled with rage all at the same time during this.

I feel sorry for the old lady in that at that age she had to go through something like that, but in the same stage of mind I feel proud that there are people out there that aren't going out without a fight. And at the same time I feel no remorse for a shitbag that broke into her house. In all seriousness I could literally be ok with having this guys life in my hands and having no remorse for him. I wish they would put this guy in a cage and let people go in one by one and let them "exspress" themselves. :xmad:

Top Bottom