• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I didn't catch it all, but there was also mention of various websites devoted to instigating such behavior. (And this was on Fox.) Like - we're ALL just like that sicko? Please!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Looks like the guy was a certifiable wacko. Convicted of attempted kidnapping in '83 for running toward the Federal Reserve board room with a shotgun? :eek:

I'm also curious to find out if it was legal for him to own a long gun. He spent 12 years or something in jail for the Federal Reserve stunt -- doesn't federal law prohibit felons from owning firearms? If so, this is another case of gun control laws not working. I'm curious, anyway.....

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I got an email @ 4:26PM from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence about this.

Boy, didn't take them very long to start dancing on the victims graves!

(I always figured it's good to get intel from the enemy!)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    This is a little over a mile from where I'm sitting right now at work. I pray for the victim and his family. Great to see the DC and Federal gun regs helped stop the madman...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great to see the DC and Federal gun regs helped stop the madman...

My thoughts exactly. Could just one armed citizen have made a difference? Could 3? Could 10? I think so.

At least those that were desperately trying to escape would've been responsible for their own safety. I had to "face palm" listening to the accounts of people that were inside the museum at the time talking about "I ran down the hallway into a dead-end and had no where to go. . ."

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    (They) mentioned on Fox that he had been in the military - and referenced the "Extremist" report. :xmad: But the person that Neil Cavuto was talking to at the time about the shooting (can't remember his name) asked him (Neil) if anyone bothered to ask if the guard that had been shot had ever been in the military. (An obvious reference to the fact that not everyone who had been in the military, turned out to be nut jobs. :D )

I wonder if we will hear about the guard's service - if he had been in.
    :dunno:

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    A crazy, hate-filled idiot like this can only serve to push an agenda to further curb our civil liberties.

How do you even get away with carrying a long gun around in DC?

My thoughts go out to the guard and his family.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    How do you even get away with carrying a long gun around in DC?

Makes you think they should make a law prohibiting a person from driving up, parking illegally, pulling out a long gun, walking into a museum, and shooting innocents.

Wait. . . what? Murder IS illegal? Oh. . . well then let's make a new gun law!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    "long gun"...

Why and HOW is it these people get into all the DC buildings with long arms? Even the attack on the whitehouse when the guy thought clinton was there was with a rifle...

Friggin crazies!

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Looks like the guy was a certifiable wacko. Convicted of attempted kidnapping in '83 for running toward the Federal Reserve board room with a shotgun? :eek:

I'm also curious to find out if it was legal for him to own a long gun. He spent 12 years or something in jail for the Federal Reserve stunt -- doesn't federal law prohibit felons from owning firearms? If so, this is another case of gun control laws not working. I'm curious, anyway.....

Well, they generally do not send you to prison for 12 years for a misdemeanor and attempted kidnapping while in possession of a firearm is a felony in every jurisdiction I am aware of.

So yes, I am 99.9% certain it is illegal for this man to posses a firearm.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Will "they" ever learn? Laws do not prevent crimes. People will do what they will regardless. Look at all of the murderers who commit suicide after the active shooter situation. If one or more people were armed, they may have been able to halt the attack as opposed to running like sheep :sheep:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm not sure how reliable this is, but I did hear the man was wearing a trench coat and security noticed him right away, thus the 5 shots (even though idk what kind of gun).

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    The irritating effects of ignorance and stupidity...

I am sure by now that you guys have seen this on the news, but if not check out this link:

Gunman Opens Fire at Holocaust Museum, Killing Security Guard - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

So, this joker strolls into a national musuem. Kills one guard and injurs another. This is the kind of ignorant and stupid behavior that creates road blocks for law-abiding citizens to have out-and-out freedom when it comes to the 2nd ammendment. Man this irritating!!!

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I have never been quite understanding of the logic behind "stricter" gun laws. Here is my logic, which I am sure everyone here will follow:

Criminals will reamin criminals. Stricter laws (no matter what they pertain to) only serve to hamper and bind non-criminals. Criminals will find a way to do illegal crap.Duh! nothing deep there. Criminals will find a way to do illegal crap.

So, instead of making harder for me to enjoy the freedom of the 2nd ammendment, how about we impose much, much stricter punishments on criminals who illegally possess fireamrs.

Top Bottom