• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nwigunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    NWI
    I have had my glock for about 3-4 years now and never had issues with brass to the face. Over the weekend though I had 2 ejections hit me in the face in a period of 100 rounds. The current ejector is stamped "336" and I have seen posts with other people having issues with this ejector. What do you all recommend for fixing this issue? Replace ejector? If so, which model number?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sometimes a hot casing is just gonna hit you in the face. No way around it. I don't want to dismiss your comment, but 2 out of the last 100 rounds is really too small of a sample size to say it's a trend.

Wear your eye pro, button up your shirt and fire away.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you want to replace the ejector, get the Gen 4 30274 ejector, it comes with the trigger housing. For a Gen 3, you just pull the ejector from the trigger housing and replace the ejector only as the Gen 4 trigger housing won't work in the Gen 3.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Sometimes a hot casing is just gonna hit you in the face. No way around it. I don't want to dismiss your comment, but 2 out of the last 100 rounds is really too small of a sample size to say it's a trend.

Wear your eye pro, button up your shirt and fire away.

I'd say that's an issue, if the OP had a good grip. I had one sending casings to my hat consistently, I sold it, and bought one made in the late 90's with gen2 internals two pin. Check the threads over at m4carbine dealing with this issue. Lots of guys opt for the newest in gen4 ext/eject for their current glocks, and some go with lone wolf replacements.

Ever seen a HK put brass to your eye, even with the mag out? I haven't.

Even one casing to the eye area, in a time when maybe you wo.t have your hat and eye pro.. now that's something to think about. I have one good eye, and one terrible one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My former G17 would just kind of dump brass about a foot away / back from the ejection port. More than once it'd come straight back and bonk me in the head. Some of those would roll down in behind my glasses...

But I was told, by a fanboy, that almost assuredly it was my technique whilst shooting and certainly no problem with the gun...

-J-

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If you want to replace the ejector, get the Gen 4 30274 ejector, it comes with the trigger housing. For a Gen 3, you just pull the ejector from the trigger housing and replace the ejector only as the Gen 4 trigger housing won't work in the Gen 3.

I also recommend a white sound extra strength extractor spring and dropping the recoil spring to 15lb along with the 30274. That's a combo I've found to have solved a couple of poorly ejecting 9mm glocks. My G34 was a jam-o-matic and now the empty brass ejects cleanly and all land very close to each other.

Curious how many rounds and when you bought it? I assume Gen 3 since you say it has the 336.

Glock definitely had some problems with gen3s about that timeframe. I had a G34 I bought at the end of '11 that worked well for the first couple thousand rounds, then reliability fell off a cliff. that's not an un-common story, either. Glock couldn't fix it, replaced the gun, the replacement had the same problems, etc. I experimented around and found the above combo made it work. It's probably been ~8k rounds since a related malfunction. You can read my saga in a thread in the shooting sports forum, called something like "new production gun."

Note that it is possible it's a fluke or some other issue... eg. weak batch of ammo, grease with higher viscosity in this cold, etc.

-rvb

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I have a Gen 3 G19 and have never had any ejection issues, granted mine is newer than yours as it was purchased just as the Gen 4's were starting to come out. Since you only had this problem with 2% of the rounds you fired I wouldn't say it's an issue at this point except for the fact that it's several years old. It may just be wearing out and in need of replacement parts.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My Winchesters flip the brass on my hat brim and they roll down my shirt sleeve. I actually like it! :)

Flippin Glock owners...what a bunch of wimps!

I have found it interesting. My SKS flips ammo forward and to the right. My AR threw it to the right and to the rear. Its just interesting the different directions guns flip their brass.

If I had the original posters Glock...I'd be getting it changed. Especially if its a self defense gun. May not have eye prot on when you actually have to use it and get flipped in the eye.

Top Bottom