• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    If the article wasn't enough, read some of the responses. WOW! Just fell outta' my chair after reading what one "English as a Second Language" posted!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Somebody wrote something that you disagree with. So what? Every item in the constitution has been the subject of debate at one time or another. Opinions will vary, and interpretations may or may not change based on the outcome of the debate. If you hold an opposing view, go ahead and present your case. It's called "freedom of speech", and it's a beautiful thing.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Somebody wrote something that you disagree with. So what? Every item in the constitution has been the subject of debate at one time or another. Opinions will vary, and interpretations may or may not change based on the outcome of the debate. If you hold an opposing view, go ahead and present your case. It's called "freedom of speech", and it's a beautiful thing.

"Freedom of speech" is a beautiful concept. For the mass media, freedom of speech is especially valued, when it's portrayed in a "highly educated" article espousing liberal concepts and revisionist group-think ideas. Their ideas are often free of common sense and historical accuracy. Our nation's main-stream media especially enjoys the freedom of vilifying supporters of the Second Amendment and criticizing decisions by the Supreme Court as naive or unenlightened. If not for the INTERNET, we would be beaten down by the never ending drone of their messages, bleating the utopia of liberal behavioral compliance.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    The people who want to take away our second amendment rights by saying, "The second amendment doesn't apply to modern weapons because the founding fathers had no idea that "assault rifles" would exist when they wrote the bill of rights."

I wonder how they would feel if there were a law that banned the use of radios, television, cell phones, and the internet by civilians, and only the government was allowed to use those forms of communication? Because obviously by their logic the 1st amendment doesn't apply to those forms of communication because those weren't around when the 1st amendment was written. Right?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    more drinking the kool-aid.
    its funny how the intellectual educated type are dead-set on knowing history, yet are failing to learn from it. insulated lives they live.

take note kiddos, these are the people that are educating (indoctrinating?) our youth.

shadowangel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    more drinking the kool-aid.
    its funny how the intellectual educated type are dead-set on knowing history, yet are failing to learn from it. insulated lives they live.

take note kiddos, these are the people that are educating (indoctrinating?) our youth.

That's what i've been telling my wife, when we talk about what happened to her sister who went into college level headed and came out a communist.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    That's what i've been telling my wife, when we talk about what happened to her sister who went into college level headed and came out a communist.

its not just college. i remember the eco-minded, political correctness, and the whole 'you are special but just the same' agendas they preached to us in the 80s/90s.

start em young, and they'll never know anything else. Hitler knew the value of that. stories of the legendary Hitlerjugend tell us the most severely indoctrinated are the most ferocious.

Hitler Youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

I can't speak for your sister-in-law, but all I remember about college is drinking and smoking a little bit too much and some very wild nights. On a few occasions, I woke up with the coyote ugly types. That scarred me for life, and after seeing a few of the "women" I was too drunk to have discarded from the night before I resolved myself to be armed for my own protection. Some of them may have needed silver bullets to be killed.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The people who want to take away our second amendment rights by saying, "The second amendment doesn't apply to modern weapons because the founding fathers had no idea that "assault rifles" would exist when they wrote the bill of rights."

Likewise, they fail to realize that at the time the second amendment was written, the military's weaponry wasn't that much more advanced than what civilians were able to procure. In today's society, although we have 'assault rifles' and much more accurate guns, so do those who could pose as tyrranical threats to us in the present and future. After all, isn't the second amendment in place to protect us against tyranny?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

I did present my case, albeit by inference. If that wasn't clear, I will clarify...I think they are douche bags.

Didn't propose their muzzling or arrest, Gus...

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    This is real madness

After months of abstinence from guns stores, I stopped in my local Cabela’s I wanted to look for a sleeping bag. After not finding anything I liked, I drifted in to what was the gun department. It was decimated! Few firearms, hardly any ammunition, and reloading supplies, a joke!
    What madness have the legislators created. You can’t tell me that everyone of those guns and ammunition ant into a “firearms” enthusiasts home, no way!
    So how many more firearms will end up in the “wrong” hands, because of the buying frenzy? My pleasurable hobby, has been infringed upon, without any new laws. Thats a crime in itself.
    It prompted me to write my two Senators.
    Do you realize that at rallies, the anti gun people always have more attendees than the pro gun people!
    It is time for every member of the NRA, gun clubs, and concerned advocates of the 2nd amendment to support our cause!
    Write and call your Senators, or tomorrow way may have to turn in our LEGAL guns.
    WOE are we.
    :wallbash:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I did present my case, albeit by inference. If that wasn't clear, I will clarify...I think they are douche bags.

Didn't propose their muzzling or arrest, Gus...

To paraphrase, "this makes me mad" and "the writer is a douche bag" doesn't really qualify as "presenting your case". It's just a temper tantrum. Many posts in numerous threads talk about the need to use logic to prevent the anti-gun folks from taking actions based on emotion. The anti folks love to portray responsible gun owners as angry nutcases. Name-calling and displays of anger just play into that.

Top Bottom