• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The more people do hysterical things like the protests in NYC and the highway blockage in AZ today, the more outrageous the panic becomes, the more his supporters will dig their heels in. This nonsense isn't changing anyone's mind. In fact, it's probably having the opposite effect, getting people interested in what all the fuss is about. It's fascinating to see.

The evil is crawling out of the woodwork to try to take Trump down. Decades worth of degenerate progressives are realizing that their political reign is OVER if he gets elected.

That tells me all I need to know about who to vote for.

I couldn't care less about "image" and other traditions when we're a nation that is falling apart and needs serious restoration. If someone with a mohawk and vulgar language wanted to be president and actually got the right things done and improved the country considerably, I honestly couldn't care less. I can still have great respect for someone regardless of their looks or their language, because respect is earned, it's not just a suit you put on, or the right haircut.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The more people do hysterical things like the protests in NYC and the highway blockage in AZ today, the more outrageous the panic becomes, the more his supporters will dig their heels in. This nonsense isn't changing anyone's mind. In fact, it's probably having the opposite effect, getting people interested in what all the fuss is about. It's fascinating to see.

Yes. People are getting more entrenched on both sides. That's not necessarily a good thing when the people on your side don't represent the majority of voters. You won't lose many, but you won't gain many either.

Did people really complain about that? A selfie stick?

Yes, and I'm one of them. A certain level of dignity and decorum for POTUS in the Oval Office does not seem like an unreasonable ask. Play with one at a ball game or tourist attraction, meh. In the Oval Office? Unfitting of the office in both senses.

The selfie stick was also a great metaphor for the rampant narcissism.

I think of the leaders I had in the military and the dignity and decorum they displayed when in an official capacity, and yes. If you're a giddy school girl and just really need to take that selfie, at least protect the brand a bit and do it in private. As POTUS you are the face of the nation, you are the C in C, and at least in the past you were the leader of the free world. How you are viewed is important. Of course, I completely accept my notion of what being a man and what being a leader is may very well be outdated in a time when "seflies" are a thing, wearing your pajamas to Wal-mart is perfectly acceptable, and these kids just won't stay off my lawn. It probably plays great to the "gosh he's one of us" younger crowd, just like Trump's Jerry Springer pretend-Populist act plays to the angry crowd.

On the selfie stick. The dignity of the office notwithstanding, which I fully support, I see a different reason to give no respect to the man with a selfie stick. And perhaps this is a relic of past days when "selfie" wasn't a thing to be sought. People who were raised the way I was raised, don't see the fascination with self, such that one would ever even have thought of inventing a selfie stick. I've never taken a selfie. Ever. I don't see that as a thing to do. You can call that old fashioned if you like. You can ridicule me as a knuckle dragger if you like. But I'm not the one thinking so highly of myself that I need a selfie stick to capture my moment.

So many Trump threads, why do link-less opinion posts need their own?

Does it really matter? Threads are just a way to organize a conversation. We rarely stick to a topic anyway. Any given thread, given enough posts, will either die or eventually turn into a status update thread. And besides, in the database, posts are just records.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... On the selfie stick. The dignity of the office notwithstanding, which I fully support, I see a different reason to give no respect to the man with a selfie stick. And perhaps this is a relic of past days when "selfie" wasn't a thing to be sought. People who were raised the way I was raised, don't see the fascination with self, such that one would ever even have thought of inventing a selfie stick. I've never taken a selfie. Ever. I don't see that as a thing to do. You can call that old fashioned if you like. You can ridicule me as a knuckle dragger if you like. But I'm not the one thinking so highly of myself that I need a selfie stick to capture my moment.

I agree on the selfie phenomenon, jamil. In particular as I've never felt the need to appear in my own photographs, which are universally about natural beauty and almost never contain any people. And in general because along with posting the same on SM it indicates a shocking level of narcissism.

I do remember the B&W photos proudly displayed on the walls of notable political donors, showing them with the candidate or president or senator. I think those count as paleo-selfies

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of one-emoticon responses, so if you don't mind my asking, could you please provide some supporting or explanatory material? I saw a question here, which I answered.

politifact-photos-Reagan_roll.jpg

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yes. People are getting more entrenched on both sides. That's not necessarily a good thing when the people on your side don't represent the majority of voters. You won't lose many, but you won't gain many either.
    Is it really a bad thing? I mean, if there's no common ground to be found, then it's a waste of time and resources pretending to look for it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I really wonder how much of these protests are orchestrated by the democrat party, afraid that an outsider who understands how business works, would dismantle the strangle hold they have.

How much is it the republican party who still cannot understand why McCain lost and so many stayed away from Romney?

Trump's biggest enemy is not the protesters, it is himself when he can't get his story straight two times in a row.

Still, the people behind Trump just want someone who is not beholden to anyone, not a PAC hack, not a beltway insider. These days being republican or democrat in Washington DC has morphed into almost one party, with few differences separating them anymore. Trump's popularity seems to be that he is so polarizing and not just a remelt of either of the two main parties.

Top Bottom