• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    I was having a conversation with a guy about hunting and guns. A woman over heard us and starting asking questions about carrying and what needs to be done to get a gun. I told her that as long as your not a felon you can buy a firearm. The other guy pulls out his LTCH, shows it to her and tells her she would need one to carry a handgun all the time. Her eyes got real big and she says " SO DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE????" We got a good laugh out of that. The guy says "No, you cant kill people, but you cant go all cowboy either and carry it where everyone can see it".:n00b: I informed him that you can OC in IN, even told him that by law you don't need to show ID if stopped, just your LTCH. He looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about so I told him about INGO and to look up the laws.

After thinking about it, it's really not funny that someone would think it's ok to kill another person just because they have an LTCH.

He is the second person I have met with an LTCH that doesent know the laws. ( Both have it but don't carry :dunno:) So now whenever I have a conversation with someone about guns or about carrying, I tell them how important it is that they know and understand the laws. Hopefully people will listen so they don't have to find out the hard way....

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    So just for my own clarification, the law says I must show my LTCH if asked? My wife and I have had some discussion on this, as I read the law, I need only have a valid LTCH not carry the LTCH with me?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So just for my own clarification, the law says I must show my LTCH if asked? My wife and I have had some discussion on this, as I read the law, I need only have a valid LTCH not carry the LTCH with me?
    Current law says that you simply must be licensed, not that you must carry the license with you (that changed a year or more ago). If stopped, you will likely need to provide enough ID that LE can validate that you are licensed (name, DOB, address).

+1 to the OP for educating the masses.

Didn't know my LTCH gave me "double 0" status!

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Most of the people that ask me firearms related questions that are not current firearms owners think that they must have a LTCH to buy a gun. Most also think that every firearm is "registered" in the owners name and if not "registered" its illegal. That has been my experience anyway.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    I talked yesterday to the owner of a lgs, and he was totally clueless of the laws. I quoted the ic# and even asked him if he would accept a printed copy of the ic. His answer was nope, I know the laws already. Example, did you know that since 9/11 you can not transport your firearm on an airplane, or if you have one sip of beer while Carring you become a felon.... Ugh very frustrating.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    This thread has got me thinking...is there a quick, concise list of Indiana gun laws on Ingo? I'm just looking for the basics in a quick, easy to read format. Something I can share with newby's.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Top Bottom