• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I got out of the ak platform a few years ago, but I've been thinking of getting one of the vz2008's PSA has right now. I don't want to get back into ak's right now but miss having something to shoot 7.62x39 with, so I'm thinking maybe trying this platform. Tell me the good bad and sad of these current production ones. If I understand right, they have fixed the trigger reset issue?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've heard a lot of good about them. Milled receiver so they're more accurate than similarly priced AKs. Well designed.

Biggest downside is the availability of magazines. Not nearly as common or cheap as AK magazines, and so far there is no aftermarket production.

On the other hand, they have a slot in the receiver so an empty magazine could be loaded from stripper clips.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got one from PSA and couldn't be happier. I wound up switching out the furniture because the wire side folder just wasn't comfortable for me, and the forearm gets HOT after 2 or 3 mags. Other than that, no complaints at all. Accurate, dependable, decent trigger. This is what mine ended up looking like...

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I bought one about 6 months ago. I really like it. I definitely got a good one (no canted sights, no mag wobble, nice finish). Same as DoggyDaddy, I replaced the stock and the forend and I also replaced the grip. Its a good shooter and I would recommend them...especially for the PSA price.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I liked mine till the rear site just decided to shoot off. if I could go back, I wouldnt buy it again.

Why would you not buy it again? Because the rear site came off? Or is there more to it? It's not like the rear site is a highly technical item to repair. For $379 it is a hell of a deal, and I love mine!

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I say go ahead and buy one. Even if you do nothing besides adding the above mentioned CNC Warrior compensator, its good to go as is. For the price I doubt you will be disappointed.

DoggyDaddy...Nice looking VZ, how do you like the buttstock and did you have trouble with the screw on the folder ?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I say go ahead and buy one. Even if you do nothing besides adding the above mentioned CNC Warrior compensator, its good to go as is. For the price I doubt you will be disappointed.

DoggyDaddy...Nice looking VZ, how do you like the buttstock and did you have trouble with the screw on the folder ?
    Thanks! And yes the screw that held the folder was a bear to get out. Had to use a blow torch to soften up the red loctite (or whatever they used) and then use the tip of a large screwdriver like a chisel to break it loose. I like the new buttstock. A lot easier on the cheek than the wire one.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I transfered one for a customer awhile back, every since I've been thinking about one for a truck gun. But at the same time I'm pretty invested in the ar platform and should probably just do a budget ar for the truck.

Top Bottom