• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok. First let me say I'm not trying to stir up anything or cause trouble. It's known I have a very big problem with the Religion ban. I have no issues with the other parts, racial crackdown and the copyright rule. No issues there.

That being said....

I went through yesterday and started editing out copyrighted material from my past posts. I made it through my last 500 posts and called it a night. Tonight I went to go back and start again only to find that I can no longer edit posts.

Again, not trying to stir anything up, but if you're completely serious about the copyright issue and are that worried about it, we must be allowed, no, required to go back through all our old posts and edit out any kind of copyright infringement there may be. It does no good to just stop it at one point or another because the damage is already done. These sue-freaks aren't going to care that we just stopped it, but they may give us a break if we just continue to wipe all of it out as we go. Kind of, we see our mistake and are working exuberantly to correct it.

I'm just trying to protect Fenway's and the Mod's investment here. By not allowing us to edit our posts the sole blame will come down on Fenway and I'm pretty sure none of us want to see that as we all know the outcome.

Along with this, if we're not allowed to edit our posts there are going to be a FLOOD of reported posts from (at least) me about posts that need editing. I don't want to hassle the mods with more work like this and I'm pretty sure they don't want the hassle either.

So I guess what I'm getting at is.... Can we have our "Edit" option back?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Are you the only one without the option? :dunno: Also, were we asked to go back and edit old posts?

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No we weren't asked to edit posts. As a matter of fact we were told not to worry about it. However, that doesn't mean we can't be individually sued for infringement and I'm not taking any chances.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I dunno. I thought it was just me, but when others said they couldn't edit I had to :scratch:

I debated on making this thread because I'm already in hot water with the mods for pushing the religious issue. I'm not trying to get myself banned, but I really need to be able to edit my posts.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Don't worry about it. If they ban you, they ban you. I see NO reason to go back and edit your posts. It's the MODS' job to enforce policy...if you want to do their job for them, go for it. I can think of a better way to waste my time, personally. Also, you as a private entity have little to fear from litigation here...if someone took the time to track down your real identity, then file a suit against you for what have you...I can just about guarantee that it wouldn't stick. If by some divine miracle it did, then file a counter-suit and enjoy the ride. IANAA.
    If you're really worried about cleaning up all ~17k of your posts, PM a mod to take care of it. If they want the posts edited, they can do it themselves. If they don't want the posts edited, then you shouldn't edit them. That's my .02.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't worry about it. If they ban you, they ban you. I see NO reason to go back and edit your posts. It's the MODS' job to enforce policy...if you want to do their job for them, go for it. I can think of a better way to waste my time, personally. Also, you as a private entity have little to fear from litigation here...if someone took the time to track down your real identity, then file a suit against you for what have you...I can just about guarantee that it wouldn't stick. If by some divine miracle it did, then file a counter-suit and enjoy the ride. IANAA.
    If you're really worried about cleaning up all ~17k of your posts, PM a mod to take care of it. If they want the posts edited, they can do it themselves. If they don't want the posts edited, then you shouldn't edit them. That's my .02.

You have a point, but I think I'm going to contact a lawyer tomorrow about this and see what they think. Either way, I still don't have an "Edit" option.

Did I miss something?

Yes. It seems the mods have selected some of us to no longer be able to edit our posts. :dunno: Or it could be a glitch. Either way, I'm inquiring and giving my reasons for wanting it back.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You have a point, but I think I'm going to contact a lawyer tomorrow about this and see what they think. Either way, I still don't have an "Edit" option.

Yes. It seems the mods have selected some of us to no longer be able to edit our posts. :dunno: Or it could be a glitch. Either way, I'm inquiring and giving my reasons for wanting it back.

Dude, please don't think I'm busting your balls but I think you are worrying about this too much. If any of us needed to get a lawyer this site wouldn't be up and running anymore. Also, it has already been said that we do not need to edit our past posts. If you really enjoy this site as much as you've said then do yourself a favor and let it go.:twocents:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i missed it. :(

se, you should sue ingo for removing your ability to edit all the posts in which you used copyrighted material and putting you at risk for litigation.

how would that be for a m night shyamalan-esque twist? ingo brought down from the inside. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom