• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I was there today with a buddy who's never shot before. It was my first time there since the transition and I was very impressed. The safety briefing was cool, especially for my buddy. It only took a few minutes and never hurts to hear safety stuff. The range officers were awesome. They offered my friend some good advice which he was happy to recieve.

One of the guys corrected me when i did something stupid. I picked up my pistol off the drum during a cease fire. He could've really embarrased me, but he was calm and made his point in a respectful, yet firm, tone - I appreciate that (I deserved a verbal ass-kicking)!

I will be going back and I look forward to dealing with these good people again. Thanks for making my friends "first time" one that he'll remember fondly. By the way, all he talked about on the drive back home was how much he loved the SR9c. He'll probably be getting one soon. He is the bar business, so I explained the LTCH process too. I can't believe he hasn't looked into arming himself prior to now.

fyi...The news crew was there when we were, but didn't film anyone unless they wanted to be. I hope they treat you guys right tonight on the news.

Lastly, i finally got to fire my kel tec sub2K 9mm. Sweet shootin' carbine, no failures, minimal recoil! Now I have to pimp it out a little.

Keep up the great work TFT!

John

GuyRelford

Master
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I was there today with a buddy who's never shot before. It was my first time there since the transition and I was very impressed. The safety briefing was cool, especially for my buddy. It only took a few minutes and never hurts to hear safety stuff. The range officers were awesome. They offered my friend some good advice which he was happy to recieve.

One of the guys corrected me when i did something stupid. I picked up my pistol off the drum during a cease fire. He could've really embarrased me, but he was calm and made his point in a respectful, yet firm, tone - I appreciate that (I deserved a verbal ass-kicking)!

I will be going back and I look forward to dealing with these good people again. Thanks for making my friends "first time" one that he'll remember fondly. By the way, all he talked about on the drive back home was how much he loved the SR9c. He'll probably be getting one soon. He is the bar business, so I explained the LTCH process too. I can't believe he hasn't looked into arming himself prior to now.

fyi...The news crew was there when we were, but didn't film anyone unless they wanted to be. I hope they treat you guys right tonight on the news.

Lastly, i finally got to fire my kel tec sub2K 9mm. Sweet shootin' carbine, no failures, minimal recoil! Now I have to pimp it out a little.

Keep up the great work TFT!

John

Thank you for the kind words, John! We look forward to seeing you back at Eagle Creek!

Guy

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I was able to finally make it out to ECPR for the first time yesterday and was very impressed. Everyone that I talked to was very nice, and the whole place had a very chill and friendly atmosphere. I look forward to going back soon. Thanks for the great hospitality!

SRR

Plinker
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    Good Place to Shoot

I was at ECPR on Sat. took my wife and two brothers. We have not been to a range in years and we were a bit disappointed that the range officers did not offer any pointers. Also, the range officers only called the line cold once in one hour, so we shot the same target for an hour. Overall it is a good place, we are going back next weekend. Hope to have better service from the range officers.

TVon

Plinker
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I go to ECPR regularly. From my experience, I can tell you that's a rarity. The range officers have always offered pointers if you appear to need them. I would bet if you asked, they would be more then happy to help.

My advice to you would be to introduce yourself to the range officers. If you want pointers, ask. If you want to change your target, ask.

I've seen several of them give what amounts to free instructions. I've even seen Guy lend his .22 to a new shooter (including ammo).

+1 TFT. I've been taking my kids there and really enjoy the time with them.

I was at ECPR on Sat. took my wife and two brothers. We have not been to a range in years and we were a bit disappointed that the range officers did not offer any pointers. Also, the range officers only called the line cold once in one hour, so we shot the same target for an hour. Overall it is a good place, we are going back next weekend. Hope to have better service from the range officers.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't there on Saturday. I was at the gun show working the booth we had setup. From what I was told it got a little busy, I'm not sure if you were there when the range was busy.

We do try to help but when the line is full and as long as your safe we tend to just watch for safety.

Anyone is welcome to ask for a target change and we will call one(we just don't want to call then too often)

If you ever need anything or have questions don't hesitate to ask. The folks RO'n will be more than happy to help!

-James

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    First time at ECPR

I visited ECPR today for the first time (I couldn't make it last Sunday).:rockwoot:

Broke out a Colt Woodsman (.22LR) that I had never fired. It had been passed down a few times and I am not sure it was ever fired before?

I ran a 100 rounds of CCI through it (no problems) and it was shooting a little high at 25, I will have to go back and check it out at 50 (it will probably be about right).

The only question is if I bring the Woodsman back or bring a 1911?

Great place, keep up the good work.:ingo:

85t5mcss

Master
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have my doubts which is why I am going to ask before bringing one out. What are the rules on throwing this out about 35 yards?

My doubt is due to rule 17.

[FONT=&quot]"17. Fired bullets must impact the bullet trap area (berm). Bullets should not impact the ground, walls or overhead baffles of the range."

[/FONT]
    500x500rimfire-2.jpg

What say you?

BTW, looking forward to seeing everyone this season.

Picture is property of Bobcat Steel

85t5mcss

Master
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Wolfman, are you an RSO at ECPR? Were you told this from Guy? I know a couple of the RSOs on here, but obviously not all. Which is why I am asking. I'll have to stop by see how tall the berms are. 6 feet, maybe? Before the grass line of the hill, never really paid attention to the grass.

GuyRelford

Master
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Update

The City and TFT have not yet finalized our contract for the operation of ECPR for 2012 and beyond. I have another meeting with the City this morning to try to get things done. But at this point I'm very doubtful that we'll be able to open on time this weekend.

I'm extremely disappointed in this because I have been working very hard to get everything lined up in order to open. I'll post an update as soon as I know more. In the interim, please feel free to repost this wherever you deem appropriate.

Thanks!

Guy

wolfman

Master
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Wolfman, are you an RSO at ECPR? Were you told this from Guy? I know a couple of the RSOs on here, but obviously not all. Which is why I am asking. I'll have to stop by see how tall the berms are. 6 feet, maybe? Before the grass line of the hill, never really paid attention to the grass.

Yes I am an RSO at ECPR.
    The grass line on the back berm is somewhere between 12' and 15' up, with another 10 feet up to the bottom of the wood catch fence.

Top Bottom