• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I've been very pleased with Vortex as a company and can recommend their products and service to anyone!!
    You might consider going a few dollars over and getting into the Vortex Diamondback line. Also, the Nikons are not a bad options by any means.
    You'll need some pretty fine crosshairs for shooting at 600 yds.

Edit: Try some of these scopes side by side if you can, then decide

I was thinking what Tony said. I have the Crossfire II on my AR and really like it, but I do all of my shooting inside 300 yards. At 600 yards, the crosshairs would be pretty much covering up the target???:dunno:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Vortex Crossfire 6-18x44 owner here and yes....I was in your same boat.

Looked at the meullers, simmons, hawkes, millet, etc....and I decided to get the Vortex and am VERY glad that I did...

The glass is super clear even when compared to more expensive scopes, and at 100 yards on the lowest power setting(6) I could see the grain in the paper target....it even came with a sun shade(tacti-cool and useful).

The Adjustable objective is A MUST!...I never thought I needed it until I had it....I'll never go without it again.

As others have said, Alan 42769vette will take good care of you....Ive bought two pieces of glass from him now and never have regretted it.

Also...buy GOOD rings and mounts...went from a cheapo gun store mount to a DNZ tactical game reaper and there is a HUGE difference in quality for an extra $35-40.

$.02

God bless
    -Shred

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I haven't seen a bad review of a Vortex yet. I suppose realistically one isn't doing much hunting at 600 yards with .223. Or? :):

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I haven't seen a bad review of a Vortex yet. I suppose realistically one isn't doing much hunting at 600 yards with .223. Or? :):

If you find one post the link. Im yet to find one either. I do on occasion see a bad review on the original crossfire. The original crossfire and the crossfire2 are completly diffrent animals.

Top Bottom