• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If economic forecasts and the Dow were correct then we would all be rolling in jobs. It used to be said that anything close to 12,000 in the Dow means the economy is booming and we have been all over that for a while now with nothing good happening. Also, does anyone else think its odd that it jumps 300 and falls 300 in just 2-3 days every week? I really don't pay any attention to the economic figures as it is all B.S. anymore from a fake government and a fake federal reserve. I prepare for real disasters anyway which is a reason this stuff doesn't effect me like it used to.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If economic forecasts and the Dow were correct then we would all be rolling in jobs. It used to be said that anything close to 12,000 in the Dow means the economy is booming and we have been all over that for a while now with nothing good happening. Also, does anyone else think its odd that it jumps 300 and falls 300 in just 2-3 days every week? I really don't pay any attention to the economic figures as it is all B.S. anymore from a fake government and a fake federal reserve. I prepare for real disasters anyway which is a reason this stuff doesn't effect me like it used to.

I basically quit watching the DOW & S&P just for those reasons. I'll take a look, but it's more for entertainment and to see how it effected the price of silver that day. I'm starting to pay a lot more attention to precious metals.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I basically quit watching the DOW & S&P just for those reasons. I'll take a look, but it's more for entertainment and to see how it effected the price of silver that day. I'm starting to pay a lot more attention to precious metals.

Skip the DOW watching to see how it affects metals pricing.Watch the US dollar index instead.Almost real time effects on commodities.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Thanks Royal-1 for the book recommendation. Each book in this train of thought potentially changes a person but sometimes we have to take in different views to confirm our own. Sometimes we are changed forever and can't go back.

The recent economic news out of EuroZone is not good but this week is going to be a very nervous week for them before there is a clear indication of what is coming. If the E.U. tanks, Germany will rise to power again so keep an eye out for such things. Russia and China, among others will not appreciate this.

The US economy cannot stop in its tracks regarding the food supply due to the complexity of the heavy agriculture industry. Our country (and it IS ours) produces a wealth of crops but we export too much grain (corn, soybeans and wheat primarily) and bio-refining could become a threat to the supply at some point.

There are many legitimate concerns but I know the INGO crowd doesn't buy into hype so quickly and that's a good thing. Just watch out for inflationary trends leading to hyper-inflation. When the cost of goods skyrockets and it takes a bucket full of money to by a loaf of bread, then we are past the point of collapse. Until then, stock up on basics and remember that ammo will be trading stock on par with precious metals. I could be wrong.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Economic Turmoil

Those are not the proper metrics for calculating economic prosperity or economic recovery. When DOW is failing, you merely swap out corporations for those that are performing better (and magically, the DOW goes up..)

I have been running an economic discussion board for the past couple of years, and we were talking about the markets doomed to collapse (before the economy reset in November 2007). We never believed the hype that Kramer, MSNBC, Trump and the other blowhards were selling.
    Those windbags make money by keeping suckers in the game.

And it is a rigged game. Don't play if you do not understand that.

BTW, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that prices were going up with inflation...but the REALITY is that the reason why your purchasing power is diminishing is because that is inherent to ANY fiat currency.

The US Dollar is _NOT_ printed by the United States government, but managed by a _private_ bank called the "Federal Reserve" that prints money out of thin air and then lends it (with interest) to the US Treasury. BTW, they also _finally_ had a partial audit done by the GAO earlier this year, thanks ONLY to Ron Paul for pushing for an audit.
    Turns out Federal Reserve also gave out $13Trillion to private corporations and foreign governments (directly). Heck, Citibank got $1T. What do you think that does to the purchasing power of the paper debt notes in your wallet?
    It diminishes.

The Quantitative Easing was a way to keep the bubble inflated (temporarily), for corporations to cash in ,while merely postponing the collapse.

I have some more in detail analysis of the economic conditions, unemployment, etc here:
    www.visionvictorymanifesto.com
    under the discussion board.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    This country's stuck on stupid. Sad part is that the hoards of lazy and stupid people will consume the few who prop this place up. I just don't have words anymore.

Top Bottom