• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Hey everyone if some have notice my first Thread about me trying to restore my BAR 1918A2 then they no that I'm trying to find parts. Earlier I was on ebay and I found a complete trigger assembly for my BAR. But I'm very concerned with if its legal to purchase due to the seller is in Bulgaria. But mainly I was concerned because I looked under ebay regulations and they said that no assault rifle parts are allowed to be sold on ebay. Now obviously I know its not a assault rifle but I'm still concerned. My other worry is will I get in trouble with the Federal law for purchasing a Light Machine Gun! part

Have at it guys. Thanks in Advance
    Apologies for double posting in the General section :D

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Personally I would not purchase gun parts from overseas. I am not sure what the regs are but I am pretty sure it is regulated and I personally would not want to run the risk.

To the best of my knowledge Ebay is anti-gun, so I would be concerned about that as well. Unless the seller has great feedback, you may run into the risk of paying and never getting the item. Wining to Ebay would likely not help due to their anti-gun policy. Just my personal opinion.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    99.9 feedback and I contacted a buyer who purchased a trigger assembly from the seller the buyer lives in the us and said the transaction went smoothly.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    My problem is that I don't yet have a class III permit due to the fact the the BAR is not complete and at the moment not even considered a gun in my opinion but I'm slightly worried that I'd get in trouble with atf for not having it yet what are the exact rules?

Splagt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If I understand you correctly, your BAR is fully automatic. The receiver of the BAR is the crucial part. It doesn't matter if the weapon is serviceable or not. In order for you to legally possess a full automatic weapon, it needs to have been registered with the BATFE already, and had to be registered prior to 1986. Perhaps I misunderstand the situation, however.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    If I understand you correctly, your BAR is fully automatic. The receiver of the BAR is the crucial part. It doesn't matter if the weapon is serviceable or not. In order for you to legally possess a full automatic weapon, it needs to have been registered with the BATFE already, and had to be registered prior to 1986. Perhaps I misunderstand the situation, however.

Rusted and gutted out just the shell

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do with it. No new machine guns after '86. So yeah, take a cutting torch to it or drop it off at your local ATF office. Ohio Ordnance makes some really nice semi auto BARs if you are really wanting one to play with.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    ???? everything I know is a lie what about this

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms[/FONT]

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    There is no license. Anyone who can own a gun can own a MG, but for a civilian, the MG must be made before 1986 and be in the registry. It's a $200 tax stamp per item, no license. There are no exceptions. Any unregistered or not legally transferable MG will land you 25 years in jail. I suggest you have a lawyer contact ATF on your behalf to properly surrender this weapon or have it torch cut ASAP

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Lone wolf, I sent you a PM with my phone number. It sounds like you've read a lot of BS online. Shoot me a text and ill explain the truths for you and how the system works and save you some hassle

Top Bottom