• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Hey everyone if some have notice my first Thread about me trying to restore my BAR 1918A2 then they no that I'm trying to find parts. Earlier I was on ebay and I found a complete trigger assembly for my BAR. But I'm very concerned with if its legal to purchase due to the seller is in Bulgaria. But mainly I was concerned because I looked under ebay regulations and they said that no assault rifle parts are allowed to be sold on ebay. Now obviously I know its not a assault rifle but I'm still concerned. My other worry is will I get in trouble with the Federal law for purchasing a Light Machine Gun! part

Have at it guys. Thanks in Advance

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    There are other, better, avenues to buy parts. You may not get into trouble, but paypal will not cover or recover any funds when the seller stiffs you on anything firearms related.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    I know there's plenty of sites for parts but this guys selling a complete trigger assembly for $180 when bmg parts is selling them for 400 whats the batter deal

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    I have heard of them but I wasn't aware they used GI ordinance parts this may be a noob question but if its by Ohio ordinance wouldn't the trigger assembly be converted to semi only?

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Hey guys contacted Ohio Ordinance about trigger assemblies they sent me back an email stating that they do not sell them separately.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I know there's plenty of sites for parts but this guys selling a complete trigger assembly for $180 when bmg parts is selling them for 400 whats the batter deal
    What is his feedback like? I'm very skeptical of any overseas sellers. We found a tractor, yes, a John Deere tractor on ebay in a foreign country (it was even a US spec'd tractor) for a price too good to be true, turns out it was. We didn't bid, but we were very tempted, until we had the local dealer run the serial numbers. Turns out, that tractor was originally sold in OH. A call to the original owners revealed they had just sold it on ebay 3 months prior and it went to Kentucky somewhere. I doubt the buyer in KY sold it overseas just to have the buyer overseas trying to sell it back into the US.

It all seemed pretty legit. The seller had all the pictures and everything, but looking back after the fact they very likely used the pictures from the original ebay listing and pretty much just re-listed the item. They quit responding to our requests when we started asking for pictures of specific parts of the tractor and we said we wanted to use an escrow service for the funds.

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    What is his feedback like? I'm very skeptical of any overseas sellers. We found a tractor, yes, a John Deere tractor on ebay in a foreign country (it was even a US spec'd tractor) for a price too good to be true, turns out it was. We didn't bid, but we were very tempted, until we had the local dealer run the serial numbers. Turns out, that tractor was originally sold in OH. A call to the original owners revealed they had just sold it on ebay 3 months prior and it went to Kentucky somewhere. I doubt the buyer in KY sold it overseas just to have the buyer overseas trying to sell it back into the US.

It all seemed pretty legit. The seller had all the pictures and everything, but looking back after the fact they very likely used the pictures from the original ebay listing and pretty much just re-listed the item. They quit responding to our requests when we started asking for pictures of specific parts of the tractor and we said we wanted to use an escrow service for the funds.

I know what your saying and this is a thing that definitely occurs alot online. But I sell on ebay so I understand the system and this guys feedback is around 1700. The only thing he sells is original gun parts to m1 garands,springfields, ect and his feedback is 99.9. I'm ready to buy I'm just concerned with the federal law on this one. If your curious to see his page its antartics

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OP is your rifle a FA? If so you might get a better answer concerning the laws in the NFA channel on this website. The MODs can move your thread there is you ask them via the "report a post" button.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OP is your rifle a FA? If so you might get a better answer concerning the laws in the NFA channel on this website. The MODs can move your thread there is you ask them via the "report a post" button.

Sorry for the abreviations.

OP = Original Poster (ie. you, Lonewolf414)
    FA = Full Auto

---
    Lonewolf414 is your BAR 1918A2 a full auto (ie. machine gun) rifle?
    If yes then it might be better for you to ask the question about the legality of such ebay item in our INGO Class III (NFA) channel located here: Class III (NFA) - INGunOwners

Where INGO members with Class III (NFA) AKA Full Auto AKA Machine Guns will know about the legality of such items.

To contact the MODs click on this icon
    report.gif
    which is on the left side under every post made. That is how you can report a post either for violation of the rules on INGO or to bring it to the attention of the MODs (moderators) who can then move/edit/delete the post.

In this case you want to report your own post so they can move this entire thread to the Class III section (if your rifle is FA) so that members there can help you out. Some members on INGO only visit certain channels depending on their interest.

BTW :welcome: 2 :ingo:

Lonewolf414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Sorry for the abreviations.

OP = Original Poster (ie. you, Lonewolf414)
    FA = Full Auto

---
    Lonewolf414 is your BAR 1918A2 a full auto (ie. machine gun) rifle?
    If yes then it might be better for you to ask the question about the legality of such ebay item in our INGO Class III (NFA) channel located here: Class III (NFA) - INGunOwners

Where INGO members with Class III (NFA) AKA Full Auto AKA Machine Guns will know about the legality of such items.

To contact the MODs click on this icon
    report.gif
    which is on the left side under every post made. That is how you can report a post either for violation of the rules on INGO or to bring it to the attention of the MODs (moderators) who can then move/edit/delete the post.

In this case you want to report your own post so they can move this entire thread to the Class III section (if your rifle is FA) so that members there can help you out. Some members on INGO only visit certain channels depending on their interest.

BTW :welcome: 2 :ingo:

Hey np thanks also yes its the 1918a2 which only had FAS on the selector meaning it only had to different types of firing fast and slow full auto.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom