• ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did you read the rest of the article?

There's a lot of nastier stuff than just a curfew for kids.

Yes I read it. Where I grew up, we were also subject to arrest if we were under 18 and not in school during school hours, generally speaking.

Now, in addition, the article I read said "more" vehicles and people could be stopped, searched, etc., but what it did NOT say was that the CRITERIA TO DO SO had been loosened or expanded in any way. Not saying it wasn't, but they sure skipped THAT little detail, which is extremely important to know.

About the ONLY thing that's really different from where I grew up, is the prohibition on wearing certain colors.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Doesn't surprise me a bit. With idiots in charge and absent parents, it's a wonder this kind of thing hasn't happened sooner.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Now, in addition, the article I read said "more" vehicles and people could be stopped, searched, etc., but what it did NOT say was that the CRITERIA TO DO SO had been loosened or expanded in any way. Not saying it wasn't, but they sure skipped THAT little detail, which is extremely important to know.

Not sure that I agree with that.

His statements are completely contrary to the 4th amendment, and he indicated that probable cause would no longer be a factor in searches.

Asked about Constitutional concerns, and the need for probable cause, Parks says the recent wave of crime is the probable cause and justifies the extreme new measures.

“Vehicles that are moving will be stopped and searched for guns, weapons, drugs, and open alcohol and any other violations that are taking place,” Parks later told KMOX’s Mark Reardon. “People who are walking, people who are bicycling, can be stopped and searched for the same and, when it comes to state IDs, we’re going to be confirming that state IDs are in place for everyone involved.”

So where you grew up, cars were often searched with no probable cause whatsoever?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not sure that I agree with that.

His statements are completely contrary to the 4th amendment, and he indicated that probable cause would no longer be a factor in searches.

So where you grew up, cars were often searched with no probable cause whatsoever?

As a matter of fact, yeah. It was called "consent" and they were really good at intimidating people into giving it. I know that firsthand, and went to jail for giving it. I was charged with "possession of burglary tools" which was ultimately dismissed, but I still had to deal with it. But that's a whole 'nother story in itself.

But I must have read a different article. I was at work at the time, and instead of pulling up the article on my phone, where I post from during the day, I looked up local news in google and the article I read didn't say that. It simply said they were planning on searching more vehicles and people, but didn't say that any criteria whatsoever had changed. That's why I said in my post "the article I read" instead of "the article in the OP" or something like that.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    As a matter of fact, yeah. It was called "consent" and they were really good at intimidating people into giving it. I know that firsthand, and went to jail for giving it. I was charged with "possession of burglary tools" which was ultimately dismissed, but I still had to deal with it. But that's a whole 'nother story in itself.

That happens way too much. What a load of crap. I don't think that's really what this guy is calling for, though.

I must have read a different article. I was at work at the time, and instead of pulling up the article on my phone, where I post from during the day, I looked up local news in google and the article I read didn't say that. It simply said they were planning on searching more vehicles and people, but didn't say that any criteria whatsoever had changed. That's why I said in my post "the article I read" instead of "the article in the OP" or something like that.

:ingo:

Top Bottom