• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    LOL, None of that in the Elevator Union. Good try thanks for playing.
    Yeah. Your union is the only one that isn’t corrupt. Got it.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Dear haters, trolls and wordsmiths.
    I have so much more to be hated for.
    Just be patient.
    I don’t think anyone hates you. At least I don’t. But you’re clearly ignorant of what unions do and it doesn’t seem to peg your moral compass that you vote for, fund and are a member of an organization that uses criminal actions to achieve its ends.

It would bother me if I knew that I was financially supporting the mafia. It would bother me if I knew that people I worked under organized the murder of others for financial gain and power.

It’s really hard to be supportive of law and order and rail against democrats and liberals for dishonesty and corruption if you don’t eschew it in your own life.

Don’t get me wrong, neither me nor anyone else here is your father confessor and you get to make your own decisions. But the flip side to that and to freedom in general is that others get to point out the hypocrisy of your beliefs.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It would bother me if I knew that I was financially supporting the mafia. It would bother me if I knew that people I worked under organized the murder of others for financial gain and power.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment but I am not so sure corporations at the top are headed by saints all the time either.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I don't disagree with the sentiment but I am not so sure corporations at the top are headed by saints all the time either.
    I’m sure they aren’t. There are plenty of people in the private sector who probably deserve lead pill and a shallow grave. And when I see them I call it that way.

But the problem is that I can also find a corporation or a business run by honest people in the c suite. Union leadership, regardless of the profession was corrupted by organized crime decades ago.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I see someone doesn’t understand finances or basics like the rule of 72’s.
    All your 700k is in 7% fixed 10 years out? I am about same time frame but still invested in stocks and a smattering of funds. Probably 80/20

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Union leadership, regardless of the profession was corrupted by organized crime decades ago.
    I'm not so sure about this. Longshoremen and Teamsters unions, yeah, that's pretty well-established. UAW? Eh? I don't know about that. Get down to plumbers, pipefitters, electricians, etc., I haven't heard anything about that.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    As stated before in the trades I deal with if you're a **** up or can't pass a drug test you're down the road. The gas industry is DOT regulated, I could be drug tested every other day if they wanted.
    Would you rather have some fly by night outfit where everyone shows up stoned putting in the gas main in front of your house or the service to your house? How about the oxygen lines in the hospital some dumb ass who was the lowest bidder, or someone whose trained and does the schooling when regulations change?
    So many don't believe that good old Union folks get terminated all the time, just like those non union employees do. My girl fires an average of two Union employees a week. Folks tend to fire themselves with pointing out with being late or no showing, having consistently poor on the job performance and so on.

Top Bottom