• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    So I have always just used the cheap orange ear plugs, but thought would upgrade to some noise cancelling muffs: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

Well, first time I put them on, and then went to put glasses on....well, that didn't work. Took muffs off, put glasses on, then the muffs back on. Not only was it uncomfortable, but the glasses prevented a good seal around the ear.

This was just something I had not thought about, and it bugs me. The glasses I use do kind of have a "bow" affect I guess in the ear pieces / arms, so maybe I just need to look for a dif pair with slim, straight arms...

Anyone have any they would recommend, or other ideas to address this issue?

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Radians-CEP001-T-Custom-Molded-Earplugs/dp/B002E6T7ZM]Amazon.com: Radians CEP001-T Tan Custom Molded Earplugs: Home Improvement[/ame]

there ya go...radian custom molded ear pro. Its cheap too. If you want to stay with electronic ear muffs you will want to step WAY up in price to like the Peltor Tactical Pro. They have a very cushy ear seal that will allow it to flex around your glasses a bit. But i cant promise it will be perfect. The radians are really your only sure bet

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I angle my glasses down. I put the ear pieces high, to where they aren't getting squeezed between my skull and my ear.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So I have always just used the cheap orange ear plugs, but thought would upgrade to some noise cancelling muffs: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

Well, first time I put them on, and then went to put glasses on....well, that didn't work. Took muffs off, put glasses on, then the muffs back on. Not only was it uncomfortable, but the glasses prevented a good seal around the ear.

This was just something I had not thought about, and it bugs me. The glasses I use do kind of have a "bow" affect I guess in the ear pieces / arms, so maybe I just need to look for a dif pair with slim, straight arms...

Anyone have any they would recommend, or other ideas to address this issue?

I have this version of the Leight electronic ear muffs. I have ZERO problem using them with my glasses. The Impact Pro's work EXTREMELY well. And i got them for $64 on Amazon.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I run into the same issue with Oakley sunglasses and my Peltor earmuffs. It doesn't bother me if I'm at the range less than an hour, but at long matches (3+ hours) it does hurt. I have tried other types of glasses with thinner earpieces (wire instead of plastic), but haven't found one that I like. I like a lot of wrap around side protection, because I shoot a lot of Steel Challenge, and don't want any splatter coming back to hit me in the eye.

I "double plug" using both ear plugs and electronic earmuffs; it's the only thing I've found that adequately protects me when RO'ing for someone shooting an open gun with a big compensator. Even then, it's still pretty loud!

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    th

I can make you a set of these, any color you want, with filters if you like. PM me.

Top Bottom