• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I drove by my postal carrier and she was pointing up. I took a couple pics of the eagle she was pointing to:

P1000313.jpg

P1000318-1.jpg

P1000319.jpg

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Nice! I see one cruising up and down Jack's Defeat Creek over here in Ellettsville from time to time. Eagles are always a welcome sight and I'm glad the population in our area seems somewhat strong. :yesway:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have seen one several times at John Hay resorvior north of Salem, and about a year ago I saw one in my front yard here in Clarksville. I live by the Ohio river and have heard there is an active nest about a quarter mile from here, but only had one sighting. Cool pictures, always a thrill to see such an awesome creature up close.:yesway:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Shuffle creek and south shore?

At last count there was 128 nesting pair of eagles in Indiana. They are getting more common around here.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My brother, dad and I saw one flying over the Ohio River when we were crossing the Nathcer Bridge in Spencer County. It was the first time I've seen one this far south. This was back on Labor Day, 2011.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I saw a young one last week in northern Owen county last week. It was just starting to get its white. About 2 years ago I had one that did some fishing in our lakes a couple of times, but haven't seen that one for about a year. Awesome birds, that really help keep the geese away!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shuffle creek and south shore?

At last count there was 128 nesting pair of eagles in Indiana. They are getting more common around here.

Yes.

I've seen them for years. Lots of fly overs, including one that flew "with me" for a few hundred yards, driving 46 to Bloomington from Nashville.

This is the first time I've gotten pictures of a sitting bird.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Heritage Lake has a mated pair. When I had my boat and fished a lot, I would see eagles several times a year at Monroe, Patoka, and a few other lakes around the state. It's always a cool sighting.

Top Bottom