Eagle Creek Pistol Range opening April 4-5.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    TFT was now wrapped up a two-year extension of our contract with the City of Indianapolis, and we are going to be able to open Eagle Creek Pistol Range to the public again on Saturday, April 4. After that, we'll be open every weekend through November. We're open Saturdays and Sundays 9-5.

On April 4, we'll be offering one-day specials on our ten-visit passes and 2015 season passes, so please come out and do some shooting with us!

For more information and to see 2015 pricing, please visit us at Eagle Creek Pistol Range.

Guy

TECKS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Two lawyers in the same thread:shady::shady:. +1 I love shooting at eagle creek and feel much safer, real good range masters. Just wish you would allow rifles, actually praying. I have been waiting for you guys to open back up.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    It's a good range. But they won't allow drawing from holster. It's the closest range from me and would love to be able to practice drawing and grouping. Is there any way that might be considered?

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    It's a good range. But they won't allow drawing from holster. It's the closest range from me and would love to be able to practice drawing and grouping. Is there any way that might be considered?

I took RSO training from Guy. I highly doubt it unless he changes the range rules. As he put it (roughly), there is physically no way of drawing a gun from a holster AND always keep it pointing down range. Without some awesome gymnastics thrown in.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Two lawyers in the same thread:shady::shady:. +1 I love shooting at eagle creek and feel much safer, real good range masters. Just wish you would allow rifles, actually praying. I have been waiting for you guys to open back up.

I thought you could shoot rifles as long as they were pistol calibers?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Drive south 20 mins to Parabellum in Avon. They allow safe drawing from the holster as long as you drop the tabletop first. As long as you are safe and not trying to break quick-draw records it is allowed.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Drive south 20 mins to Parabellum in Avon. They allow safe drawing from the holster as long as you drop the tabletop first. As long as you are safe and not trying to break quick-draw records it is allowed.

Yeah, been there and on matches too. But it's one of those times where after a long weeks work, you just want where it's only a 10min drive and unwind while getting your skills. Was just trying to sway Guy to join like one of these ranges where they allow you to draw.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    We're looking forward to opening for the season tomorrow. One correction - we will not be open Easter Sunday, but we'll be open every subsequent weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, 9-5.

Please come out and see us!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Yeah, been there and on matches too. But it's one of those times where after a long weeks work, you just want where it's only a 10min drive and unwind while getting your skills. Was just trying to sway Guy to join like one of these ranges where they allow you to draw.

Regretably, I don't see that rule changing. I teach a two-day course that focuses on drawing a gun safely, firing, and then reholstering (Personal Protection Outside the Home). Anyone who hasn't been properly trained in those movements and, e.g., puts their finger into the trigger guard prior to the "rotate" stage on drawing, or who fails to remove their finger from the trigger guard prior to reholstering - runs a significant chance of hurting themselves or someone nearby.

As a public range open to everyone - of all experience levels - it is simply not smart to allow drawing and reholstering on the firing line, despite the fact that a high percentage of shooters may be able to do so safely.

You may not agree, but I hope you understand.

Guy

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Well, went to the range today and it's closed. Called the phone and no message about the range being closed. No updates here too.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As a public range open to everyone - of all experience levels - it is simply not smart to allow drawing and reholstering on the firing line, despite the fact that a high percentage of shooters may be able to do so safely.

How about changing the rule just enough that customers can shoot what they carried in?

Old rule that continues: Drawing from holster to shoot is still not allowed.
    New rule that would make your range better: While the range is hot, you may remove from holster and immediately put the gun on the table. While the range is hot, you may load and slowly holster one time, then leave.

I understand ranges have to make compromises to the varying levels of training people have (that mainly being the total lack thereof). I do not understand ranges that require customers to either drive to the range unarmed, or to drive to the range with a holstered gun that is trusted for self-defense but not needed to practice with that day.

Top Bottom