• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The only one I've ever seen in the wild flew right over the road in Cicero. Had a great view of it as we drove by.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My nephew took this picture a couple days ago. They live 6-7 miles east of Rochester, it was in the trees in front of there house. He took the picture just as it took off.

Shayn

BaldEagle.jpg

I've never seen one in Indiana before...Cool picture.

BTW, welcome to the forum, buddy.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I live on the river in Indy, we see one from time to time crusing the tree tops in the summer.

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We had one that stayed here for the summer a couple of years ago. They say that there is a breeding pair at Versailles State Park. They are pretty birds. You can tell a difference in birds when you see one. At first you don't know what you are seeing then it hits you that it is an eagle. Much larger than hawks and other raptures.

I have actually seen the ones at Versailles State Park when I was camping a while back. It is truly an amazing sight and makes you proud to be an American when you see one of these birds in flight. :patriot:

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    nest along with a couple birds was spotted around linton last year. nest could be seen from country road. haven't been over there this year to see if their still there

They're still here, I live less than a mile from them & had one fly over me at about 50 feet while I was deer hunting back in November.
    It was awesome, first time I saw one of them since they moved in!!:rockwoot:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Anyone see any around Eagle Creek Reservoir recently? My wife and I were kayaking there a couple of years ago and had one nab a fish literally 25-30 feet off our right side. Most. Amazing. Sight. Not a sound coming in, just . . . . . Wham! whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. . .

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    There is one (maybe more?) that nests at Lake Monroe. I've seen them a few times there. Over off 446 before you get to the causeway there's a little boat ramp (forget the name of the road it's on) but I've seen it there a few times and then also over by the spillway near the dam!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wasn't aware that Eagles nested in the region. But I have to ask, how many of you are talking about the Bald Eagle that's our National bird, or are you talking about the full brown and other species of eagles?

As far as I knew the bald Eagle mainly resides out west. :dunno:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I wasn't aware that Eagles nested in the region. But I have to ask, how many of you are talking about the Bald Eagle that's our National bird, or are you talking about the full brown and other species of eagles?

As far as I knew the bald Eagle mainly resides out west. :dunno:
    The bald eagle was reintroduced to the region quite a few years back. I remember about that time I was fishing at lake Monroe, and I saw one standing in some shallow water. It wouldn't move no matter how close we came. I wondered if it was stuck in the brush, or maybe sick. as I got close enough to touch it, It got really agitated and finally took off. Then up popped the baby duck that it was in the process of drowning!! No wonder he was angry at me--- OH well,Breakfast Interruptus!:):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The bald eagle was reintroduced to the region quite a few years back. I remember about that time I was fishing at lake Monroe, and I saw one standing in some shallow water. It wouldn't move no matter how close we came. I wondered if it was stuck in the brush, or maybe sick. as I got close enough to touch it, It got really agitated and finally took off. Then up popped the baby duck that it was in the process of drowning!! No wonder he was angry at me--- OH well,Breakfast Interruptus!:):

From what I know about the bald eagle you're lucky you walked away. I've seen video of them throwing goats off cliffs so... :):

Thanks for the info though. I'll have to keep a closer eye out for them then. At least now I know the areas to find them. Thanks guys!
    :patriot:

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I got to see one in the trees right off of 50 between Bloomington and Nashville. I about wrecked when I saw it. It was huge. They are such majestic birds!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Uh oh! thanks for the warning. My wife says I'm an old goat. I should probably pay attention.

:):

Someone should youtube "goats off cliff". I'm pretty sure it was bald eagles. I would youtube it myself but my internet is fed up until tomorrow. :dunno: It was a really awesome video. Goats kept getting close to the nest and the eagle would just swoop down pick them up and throw them down the mountain! :rockwoot:

Is the Al Qaida mascot a goat? :D

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Go up to Alaska sometime, I remember seeing trees with 25+ eagles on it at once, lost counting after 25 but pretty cool. But it looses the cool factor after the second time, just like its a common thing up there. I can remember as a kid that Eagle Creek had a Bald Eagle, you could watch the nest from the observation deck, not sure if its still out there but im guessing not.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've seen one twice at John Hay resorvoir north of Salem IN. They are truly beautiful animals, and I get goose bumps when I've had the honor of seeing one in the wild. There is a nest at the Kennedy space center in Florida that has been continously occupied since, like the early 60's I think. You can see it if you take a bus tour of the place.

Top Bottom