• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Had on of the 40 compact witness models a few years ago .It was a really good pistol designed after the CZ 75.It was all steel & shot great ,quite accurate as well.....Now I wish I still had it now that I think about it

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    EAA Witness pistols are very well built. They come in two varieties, tank tough steel and the newer polymer. You really can't go wrong with a EAA Witness pistol, but there are some pistols that for a few bucks more that have better after-market support for parts and accessories.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have a 10mm witness built like a tank and shoots vary well. I only got it because a freind was selling cheep and had 500 rounds of ammo but now I really think I am keeping after the ammo is gone.The more resurch I do the more good things I find on them.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I took a .45 in trade and like shooting that one so much, I bought one in a 9mm. There are also conversion kits that you can change the caliber you are shooting using the same frame.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    You didn't say what your after, I think there are better carry guns but for a match gun their very good, I've been shooting a Witness Match in 40 for several years, it's an accurate gun with a great trigger from factory, There are a few spots out there to get custom parts, with the lower barrel position the recoil is reduced, and recovery to target is very good,
    You have to look into the history if your buying used, in the last 15 years there have been 2 different mag changes, and if you have an older firearm you will have to watch out which mags you buy for it.

Even today there is some debate over the best 40 mags, some are using 10mm mags and loading long for them.

They are also changing around the sights on the match pistols so depending on the production dates you will get some low adjustable, some High adjustable sights, or Fiber optic front.

I just had to send in 5 of my mags to EAA because of function problems but they replaced them without a problem.

When I first got my Match there was a bur on the bottom of the mag well that kept mags from seating all the way but some grinding fixed that,

All that being said when the mags are good my match does a super job the steels and paper,
    Finding holsters for the match are a bit hard to do

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Have a Witness 9mm. as my nightstsnd gun It's the all steel, plain-jane version. Has never had a jam of any sort in the 10 yrs. I've had it,despite the [at least 1K rounds] of the "whatever's cheapest" ammo I've fed it. Also eats the fancy stuff heartily. Trigger is a bit mushy, but the S.A/D.A option seems ideal for a defensive house gun. Durable finish, too.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I had a EAA Witness Elite Match 45. It was an excellent gun, very accurate, and a pleasure to shoot. I traded it to a member on here and wish I had not done so.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have an EAA EZ9, and LOVE it. I purchased it back in November after doing alot of reasearch about what gun to buy, and found one for $350 brand new. I have only about 45 rounds through it, but it has been superb. Can't say enough about it.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had a witness P9 a few years ago and it felt good in the hand and seemed well built. I bought it used but it looked unfired. I wanted to get some extra mags but the price was very high so I sold it for a little profit and bought another Beretta. They seem good for the money.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We have two

I have the all steel Witness in 10mm, and my son has the Witness Match Elite in 10mm. Very sturdy guns. The magazine function was a problem. I sent mine back and they were fixed.

Terry

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Guys keep in mind that EAA is only an importer. While many of their pistols are made by Tangfolio of Italy, they also import pistols from Germany, Turkey, etc.

Having said that, I like my EAA Witness pistols, which are basically clones of the earlier CZ pistols.

Top Bottom